a bit of progress

lily’s quilt (on gracie’s bed)

gracie’s quilt (top only)

i did get a decent amount of sewing done this weekend with the family gone, though not as much as i had hoped. i finished all of lily’s quilt – i was just adding the same flowers that i was putting on gracie’s – so that felt good to at least get one thing totally done. i finished the top of gracie’s quilt, flowers and all, but have yet to even start the back. i did get all the fabric i needed for the back, so next chance i get i’ll start in on it again.
however, that’ll probably be a ways off. we’re heading into a busy season for our family. (it does seem like we’re always in a “busy season” though!) i am hosting a baby shower this saturday (pics from that on monday, hopefully), so this week i’m slowly doing little bits of prep. not a whole lot to do, really, just working on a few favors a night and slowly cleaning the house. where i did get a little ambitious , though, was when i decided saturday morning (yes, the same saturday as the 12 o’clock shower) would be the best day for us to have a very needed garage sale. i was logical in my planning, i promise. we haven’t had a free saturday as a family in months and won’t again as far as i can see on my calendar. so this saturday it is. our garage is overflowing with junk to get rid of. eventually we’ll have to find somewhere for everything in our garage because we hope to begin building a new garage with a guest house above in the near future. actually, it’ll be my parents doing that project since we’re all tapped out!
between this weekend and next weekend, we have four friend/family birthdays, then sean will be working at the home show for OneSource over the weekend of the 19th and 20th, which happens to be not only our anniversary, but also gracie’s 4th birthday. then comes lots more birthdays, including both mine and sean’s (let’s not forget father’s and mother’s days), the OneSource showroom grand opening, doctor’s appointments every 2 weeks now, baby showers, weddings, and, oh yeah, i’m having a baby! so can you see why i say we have a busy season ahead? i generally refer to it as “nuttiness”. but as i like to tell my husband, if i’m gonna go through nuttiness, there’s no one i’d rather go through it with than him. he’s awesome. he works his tail off for the sake of our family, which i complain about all too often, and is the best dad ever.
enough for now!

Comments

Shannon says:

Ohhh I love love love these!!! You are amazing! But be careful girl – don’t do to much! You want to enjoy these last few months of pregnancy too!! Love you!!!

Brianna Heldt says:

Wonderful quilts! (And those pillows are super cute too!)

You are hardcore w/ the garage sale the same day of the shower, wow! Very impressive. :)

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

I hope I have a girl so that you can make me a quilt… can you pencil that in for the week you give birth? That would be great. :)
    Way to go overachiever! I love the flowers!

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

Way to go overachiever! I love the flowers!

very pretty!

Is that your dresser i see in the girl’s room?

the buffet is nice, but i am still not use to it in it’s space here. It would look nice in your room where your dresser was :-)

we are having friends up to the lake this weekend.
    trying to get house time in before the renters. i can’t believe we haven’t all been together there since last summer :-(
    you will have another bundle by the time we are together there again- Crazy!

i see now that i am using this instead of email.

btw- don’t become an overachiever (i have been down that road). i am working on being a stay at home nothing, or perfecting the art of doing nothing.

Jeannett Gibson says:

I’m quite impressed. Just try to not wear yourself out…I was surprised by how much of an energy drain a garage sale way…I honestly couldn’t imagine hosting a baby shower right afterwards! So, when are you starting Baby Boy’s quilt?

lindsey says:

definitely not wearing myself out! i am one of the world’s laziest people.
    denise – yep, i switched dressers with the girls. it looks better in their room!
    jeannett – baby boy’s quilt? i still can’t decide what to do! i think its a bit tough with lily still in the crib, i don’t feel the pressure i should to just make a choice. its not like there’s an empty bed waiting to be made. but i do need to make it before he comes, otherwise it’ll never get done!

Heather says:

Those quilts are awesome! When the kids are gorwn, you should sell them. They are absolutely breathtaking! BTW- I put a new post up just for you! Love you and say hi and give big kisses to everyone! :)

Heather says:

Please excuse the spelling error–when the kids are “grown”. Sorry! :)

Indigo Blue says:

Hello,
    Found you via sewmamasew flickr pool. Lovely quilts and I have had a look at your blog too.