happy birthday seanie!

what a cute kiddo! yesterday was sean’s birthday. he started it off early in the morning with a mountain bike ride. when he got back we relaxed for a bit then went to avila to ride the bob jones trail. we were hoping for some light exercise/ family time, but instead the bike ride was a bit frustrating. gracie usually rides on a bike that is attached to the back of sean’s bike, but we thought this would be a great day for her to try her own bike. its a really mellow trail so its a good place to start. well, she went less than a snail’s pace, and kept slamming on her brakes, which is why it was frustrating for me since i was following her. i was going so slow i rarely ever had to peddle, so i was basically just balancing my bike then hitting my brakes every time she did. we stopped at the avila valley bay club for lunch and decided to just turn around after that. i think our entire ride was maybe 1/4 mile! after the ride we went to avila valley barn and picked raspberries and olalaberries (sp?) than of course, got some ice cream. while getting the ice cream, gracie saw some taffy and was guessing all the flavors. she saw a yellow kind with a bit of orange on it. she said it was “duck flavored”. yummm!

we had a sitter come over to watch the girls and we went out for a date. we went to sushi (don’t worry – i didn’t eat anything raw), then to sycamore hot springs for an hour in the hot tub (actually luke-warm tub…. also safe during pregnancy – i checked), then downtown for coffee and dessert. we had such a nice time and it was so nice to have a sitter that we totally trust and know loves our kids.

when we got back home, we got the usual report from the sitter. she told us a funny story about gracie:

gracie: “how old are you?”
sitter: “almost 18.”
gracie: “wow! you won’t even fit in this house then!” (does this have something to do with us reading alice in wonderland?)
sitter: “well, what about my house?”
gracie: “no, not even there!”
sitter: “then where will i live?”
gracie: “with god.” (of course)

Comments

Jeannett Gibson says:

You are my hero. 1/4 mile or not, you would NOT be seeing my pregnant body on a bike! Sounds like such a fun day. Happy Birthday to an old man too!

Jacquelyn says:

If Gracie is just starting off riding by herself you might want to try the Damon Garcia sports fields, you can keep going around and around in circles and can keep your eyes on the kids at the same time (it is across from the Vons Marigold center.) We went there last night and it was totally empty!

jacquelyn – that is a great idea! we’ll definitely have to try that!

Lisa Leonard says:

sean looks EXACTLY the same–so fun so see old pics. happy birthday!

Heather says:

Yes, indeed, Happy Birthday little brother! I think you have more pictures of him than I do. I also forgot to call him-stinky sister that I am! Tell him I’ll be calling and I’m glad to see you all doing well. You’re not FAT by the way-I happen to think you look great. BTW-Look for a mystery bos in the mail this week! Love you all! Heath

Shannon says:

I’m so glad you guys had a good day! Linds didn’t your knees hit your belly when you peddled? hee hee!
    Heather, how could you not call our baby brother on his birthday??? JK – Happy Birthday Sean!!! I love you!!!!!!!! And I think I took most of those pictures (except the school pic of course) Linds, you look so cute sitting on that bike!!

Kristen Borland says:

awesome pics! love the skate boarding one!

it’s funny that your birthdays are so close together in your family!

love gracie’s story. :)

Tell Sean I said Happy Birthday even though he is nothing to me!
    Tell him that Michael is riding his bike now, so Sean-y better watch out!
    And I want details about the “Open House!”

lindsey says:

denise – open house means come any time to look at lisa’s jewelry.

Gracie is so adorable. I remember when I was little imagining that I would continue to grow until I was as tall as the house too. Too funny.
    Happy Birthday Sean!

LINDSAY!!! You are a blogger too! Yea! You are so cute when you are prego.
    Your girls are adorable. I haven’t seen you all since your oldest was a baby.
    Stop by my blog and say Hi!!! I’ll tell Sheffie to check you out over here!