beach day!

sean was home all weekend and it was sooooo nice! we spent the whole time as a family, getting things done around the house and just hanging out.
on sunday we went to the beach with my brother and his boys. it started out a little overcast, but then was really nice. i don’t know why we don’t go to the beach more often – my girls love it!

sean took gracie surfing and she loved it. she said it was “blasting” and “rockin’ fun”! she told sean she wanted to go on the bigger waves that splashed her in the face – this comes as a total shock to both sean and i as she’s not usually that adventurous.

of course, lily had to try surfing ,too. she loved it until she got splashed with the freezing cold water and decided she’d rather cling to daddy than practice her new sport. i thought she was nuts going out in the first place, the water is too cold even for my feet and she was out in just a bathing suit! crazy kid!

this shot is what sean calls the baywatch shot – the lifeguard running down the beach, but retitled “babywatch”. when she tries to run really fast she tucks her arms up really high, lifts her shoulders, and swings her arms back and forth really fast. its soo funny!

so our weekend was wonderful, but i woke up this morning and was in a terrible funk. i don’t think it helped that my girls were grumpy, too. i think it was because sean had to go back to work, and we were back to life as usual. its so wonderful having daddy around, and he’s missed when he’s not. thankfully, we had a playdate and dinner plans that got us out of the grumps. the batch of homemade cookies didn’t hurt either!

ps -i finished the boy’s quilt last night – yay! now i can go into labor, right?

Comments

Anonymous says:

dad says yes, now you can go into labor. he’s ready and his bag is packed to hit the road to slo.

yes, gracie you rock! awesome surfin.

gotta love you lily. what girl wouldn’t want to hug her daddy.

mom, a.k.a. nana

Lisa Leonard says:

looks like so much fun! great pics. especially the baywatch shot. gracie–you are my hero!

Super cute surfing shots:-) Gracie is going to be surfing in no time! I’d love to see a video of Lily running with her little arms swinging!

I love the babywatch picture…too cute.

P.S. I am a friend of Chrissie and Megan Carter. :)

Jeannett Gibson says:

Your photos are so cute! Those surfing pictures are going to be so treasured when the girls are older. What sweet shots of dad and girls having fun. Keep checking the blog for the labor update…but alas, nothing. Would you hurry up and push that kid out already? Geez!

Shannon says:

Ohh I love those lazy beach days! And I’m so glad Sean took off some time with you guys! Hopefully Court and Mandy can help you out of your funk for the next few days! Have fun! And remember – Monday works great for me (hee hee)

Carrie Haughey says:

beach!!! I want to go to the beach… unfortunately I have a couple weekends to wait, darn!

So jealous that your girls have you and Sean to teach them to surf, I have wanted to learn for a few years now, but never have had the time or the instructor. Maybe someday…

Cathi Hamen says:

I love your girls!!
    Gracie reminds me of you in that hat with glasses!! so cute.. Go Sean what a great dad!!
    We cant wait to hear that baby is here, yeah Cheneys!

Heather says:

Love those pics! You take the best pictures. What special times! I’m happy you guys got some time together. :) Love you! (BTW-Monday works great for me, too…please work your life around our schedules! :) Love you guys-big hugs all the way around! Heath