how i feel today

yesterday stunk. the girls, who have been playing wonderfully lately, could not have possibly fought more! all day long they yelled and screamed at each other, hit, pinched, bit, and shoved, all of which are huge no-no’s in our house. i was exhausted by day’s end for having to referee throughout the day, then topped it off by blowing up at my husband, with whom i am still hardly speaking to (immature on my part really). so today, i’m thinking i am not going to get induced next week because we have sooooo many issues going on here that i want to at least start working on before we bring another life into this house. i have had an ongoing, ever growing to-do list to try to get done pre-babe, but i now realize the list was meaningless. what i/we really need to have been focusing on my family and the multiple issues we’ve got going for us. to top of my “wonderful” day, i was up at least 10 times in the middle of the night, drinking 4+ glasses of water and peeing non stop. i’m still in a grump funk today, but hopefully a quick trip to old navy with a dear friend will be a pick-me-up! hope your days better than mine!;)

Comments

Carrie Haughey says:

Hang in there! I will be praying for your sweet family! If you need a sitter, right now I am not working, so my days are pretty free until i find a job, I could do an evening too if you needed it…

Ah!! nothing like Old Navy Therapy!!! So excited they are open!!!!

It is funny that when you bring up a circumstance in your life i grab an old journal from that time in my life to recall the emotions-
    “i want to run away from me. I am so tired of this crippled body i live in (still on crutches at the end of preg.), this crippled mind… There is so much to do in this home to prepare for babies arrival, there is no physical way , no time, there is no $, we are without a vehicle to transport 3 children in car seats, Emilie isn’t in any mood to be potty trained, meaning double diaper expense. Will the closets ever be cleaned? Will the hall way always have a patch of green paint on it? i am so stressed, and yet i know it is all trivial, soon everything will look so different, but it presses on me, and all i do is think of how overwhelmed i am. But, God is faithful, I am counting on it.”

God is faithful- count on it! He sees you sweet Lindsey, He knows you, He loves you, and wants to , and will pour his love into you. He is going before you and behind you, He is present, He will provide, He will do His God things in your life, Sean’s life, Gracies, Lilys, and babies life.
    I’ve got your back (and your belly) in prayer.

Lisa Leonard says:

some days just really STINK! Just want to encourage you that you are SUCH a great mommy–consistent, loving, attentive, nurutring, playful, and REAL. I am often struck by how well you communicate with your girls–giving them clear directions and sticking to your guns. This is a crazy time, a spunky four year old, an energetic toddler, a very pregnant, sleep deprived mommy and a hard-working husband. God is good and even in the chaoes and imperfection there is so much blessing. i love you. ps leave some good stuff at old navy for me!

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

Maybe everyone was just sad that we left :) just kiddin..

I am praying for you linds! For your body, your emotions, the kids, you & sean and that you would be prepared in God’s timing for your new little man. Thanks for everything this week- I love you guys and I so enjoy time spent with you.

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

Maybe everyone was just sad that we left :) just kiddin..

Brianna Heldt says:

Ugh, I hate those days but rest assured you’re not the only one to have them!

Hope Old Navy treats you right, so fun!!!

Hi, sweet pea,
    I remember when DeDe Leece and I were both due on the same day and both very late and tired of people saying, “What? Are you still here?” – so after SS we skipped church and walked downtown and ate a huge breakfast . . .and were both induced a few days later, a couple days apart. Now Bethany and Stephen are 15 and part of a great group of Sophomores at GraceYouth. The point is: this too shall pass. love you, sue

Brenda W says:

Hang in there! We all have those days, but they are like 10 times worse when you’re super pregnant and need a break!
    You’re a great wife and mommy!

Ohh sweet Lindsey, what did my brother do now – do you want me to kick his butt? I can. What ever it was I’m sure it was his fault and you have every right to kick and scream at EVERYONE right now :} I’m praying for you now, as you read – lots! And keep in mind that there will always be stuff on a list to do (including family stuff) and it won’t all be done by next week either! Because you see, the list keeps growing – one thing done – another thing on the list – ughhh.

Relax – nothing on that to do list is as important as your kiddos, hubby & your health! That old saying “Let go and let GOD!” is soooo true. We can’t control today or tomorrow (darn it), so sit back and relax my dear sweet sister, rest in his peace and promises ~ love you ~

Jeannett Gibson says:

Poor thing! I’ve been a pretty awful wife to Andy lately…I tell him that I’ve used all of my patience on Henry and have none left for him. :( Hang in there…let me know if there is anything I can do to help, or if you’d like some company…sometimes some good old fashioned girl time can help ease the stress even if there are still dishes to be done…

Crystal says:

Lindsey–I love you and I don’t even know you!!!–I am first time commenter and I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago! I love your realness!!! Thank you for sharing!!! I am a mom of two soon to be three!!!!–We are adopting a baby boy from Guatemala!!! My children are five and one –while they don’t fight there are days when my son (he is five) just plain wears me out(he loooovvess his baby sister sooo much but there are days he will not stop bugging her he wants to be right there in whatever she is doing )–I of course think I am the only momma out there this happens too! So it is so nice to know I am not alone! I am soooo excited for you!!!!!! I can’t wait until he is here!!! You will have to give me pointers on going from two to three kiddos!!!

Kristen Borland says:

gosh, i hope you have a better day tomorrow! yea, old navy!

Heather says:

I guess there’s not much more to say-just know that we all have those days, we all have those lists, and we all feel like we have hit our end. That’s when we learn it’s okay to run to the nearest empty corner, fall on our face, and cry out to our loving father who wraps his arms of love around us, comforts us, and encourages us to get up, and keep going. He’s right there with you sweet Linds and He loves you. Hang in there-God is good, even (especially) in hard times. You’re in our prayers and we love you all very much! Heath