a little reorganizing in the playroom

i guess the nesting bug has hit me. today i decided to rearrange and reorganize the playroom. although the room is pretty big, it lacks much storage for easily organizing all this room holds. the purpose of this room is 1. a playroom, 2. an office for me, and 3. a craft room. eventually, my husband will install a full wall of storage containg all of these things and an entertainment unit, but even at his cost, its too expensive right now.

my first step was to rearrange this furniture (above). the side cabinets hold random toys. the middle cabinet holds wrapping paper, boxes, bags (where do most people put these odd shaped things?), and my craft supplies. i’m realizing that i should have taken before pictures – oops!

this area pretty much stayed the same, except i put the little people farm, boat and house on top of the “kitchen”. i like some toys to be out of reach, otherwise all the toys are out all the time and get spread all over the place! aaaahhh!

here’s the new kids craft area. we’ve had the easel out for a while, but without any craft suplies at their level. this is a bit scary for me. i can pretty much trust gracie with all this stuff, but lily… not so much. this area may soon change.

but…. since i am 9 months pregnant, even though i’m nesting like crazy, i also run quickly out of steam. this is my office area which i try to straighten regularly, but it always is the dumping ground for things without a home. and its where i store all my fabric and sewing stuff. maybe i’ll try to get this area done tomorrow?

Comments

knicksgrl0917 says:

hey! i’m going to cali this weekend and won’t be back until september…here is the website i was talking about where i made extra summer cash. Later! the website is here

Jacquelyn says:

HA HA HA! I guess Phillip saw the table that you “update” and was asking me why a pregnant woman would start so many projects instead of relaxing the last few weeks before the baby comes. Boys just don’t understand that projects and reorganizing things is therapudic. You can’t control when the baby comes but you can in some respects exert some control over its future environment! Hang in there Lindsey! (no pun intended)

Katie Lady says:

When do you have time to do all these wonderful projects with two little girls running around? What do they do while you are busy working? My little man has to “help” me with any project and wants to be with me anytime the baby is asleep because he’s sharing me all day long! you are amazing… I want to be like you when I grow up! :>

hey linds – where did you get that rocking horse, or did you make it? we wanted to make one just like it for suz but couldn’t find a pattern.

lindsey cheney says:

kate – the rocking horse was a hand-me-down from sean’s sweet cousin. you’re more than welcome to borrow it to make a patern!

katie – the girls also try to “help”. lily can be pretty frustrating, undoing everything, but gracie is a pretty good assistant!

Jennifer says:

finish it tomorrow? ummm…. aren’t you having a baby tomorrow?

Brianna Heldt says:

looks great! where do you find those big jars that you have your thread, etc. in? also i love the vintage map, i eventually want to get a vintage-y world map.

lindsey cheney says:

brianna – jars from target. map from the san luis flea sunday mornings. now that church is so late i’m able to go and still have time for first service. sometimes its decent, other times its like a huge garage sale that you wouldn’t even want to stop at!

Lindsey –Hey hey I love this!!!! Hey I wanted to ask you I am going to “copy” you and do what you did to my kiddos little table –I jsut wondered how did you get it to “stick” down –I guess what I am trying to ask how did you get the paper and letters to “seal” down and keep it from wrinking and coming of!–I am sorry if I am not making any sense!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!! Imitation is the biggest form of flattery and I LOVE your style–I have very similar style myself!!! I just love your blog!!!!!! Thank you sooo much!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen Borland says:

isn’t it frustrating to get the nesting bug and then not have enough energy to completely indulge in it?

you’re looking so incredibly cute, by the way. love that belly!

lindsey cheney says:

crystal – i used modge podge to glue everything down – a coat on bottom and on top, all painted on with a brush. that sealed it ok. i also pressed out any bubbles and bumps after it was glued down. lots of glue on my hands. then i did 2 coats over the whole table of the modge podge, but it needs something more, something thicker, like a polyurethane. hope that helps!

Yep, the nesting is in full swing…I envy your ability to accomplish so much! Take some time tonight after you lay the girls down to put your feet up, relax, and enjoy the silence-please! Kiss the hubby and rest a little. I’m so happy for you guys and wish I could be there! Love you all! :)

Anonymous says:

hi kiddo, i agree with heather. it’s time to put your feet up, breath deeply and enjoy the last few hours as a family of four. love’n you more everyday. mom