my girls

here’s my girls dancing in some dress up skirts. i’ll have to make copies of these pictures and send them to my grandma because these skirts used to be hers! actually, they are from way back in the day when she and my grandpa used to go square dancing with all their friends. these were the slips that she wore underneath to give her an extra full skirt. the fun thing for me about these skirts is that i used to play in them as a kid. i have so many memories being at my grandparents’ house and dressing up with my sister or my cousin and putting on shows wearing these. although they are huge on my girls, they love wearing them. i need to figure out some shoulder straps for them so they can stay up better, maybe suspender style?

i was sending a package off to my sister and asked gracie if she wanted to make a picture to put in the package. here’s what she made! i (being a totally biased mom) think its adorable. at the top is her name, then on the left is a cat and on the right is gracie. she just started drawing bodies. the heads used to have arms and legs coming out of them, so this one is kind of fun!

gracie is really into spelling right now. she asks me how to spell things all the time, and she can figure a lot out by herself. yesterday i think she was feeling particularly dramatic, and during a timeout she must have been thinking about how sad she was. she finished her timeout and stated that she now knew how to spell sad. and she did! ok, mostly – she spelled it c-a-d, but she always confuses the s and the c – who can blame her?

my mom is coming into town tonight – so excited!!!! she’ll be here through tuesday, i think. i really hope to get the baby’s room painted while she’s here. we’ll see….

Comments

Lisa Leonard says:

adorable photos! gracie you are sooo good at writing your name!

Carrie Haughey says:

what pretty princesses you have!

Super impressed by Gracie’s writing and spelling!! way to go sweetheart!

That iz so qute! i luv 2 c the girls n gram’s skirts! i hope u will hav lots uf fun with u’r mom, and that u will b totally blessed at u’r shower. wish i cood b there.
    (I am writing in Gracieguese, or Graceish, or Gracilian-take your pick!)

Jennifer Jones says:

i LOVE these pictures. they made me smile so big. the girls look soooooo happy! remeber how gram’s feet were so small that we could even fit into all her pretty party shoes when we dressed up. love those memories!

Jeannett Gibson says:

Oh I just LOVE those pictures! What a fun way to pass on family heirlooms and they look like they are having so much fun!

Good job spelling Gracie! You are so smart!

Kristen Borland says:

so fun seeing you down town tonight! what a cute belly…seriously!

i totally remember dressing up with my sister. we always put on shows to, and we got our counsins invovled as well. girl stuff is way cool!

Anonymous says:

my granddaughters are so cute and smart. it brings back memories of my girls and granddaughters playing with all my dress up clothes. Their favorite was my sexy nightgown and robe that I wore on my wedding night almost 45 years ago. Some things last forever. Have fun at your shower. Wish I could be there. love you grandma lynda

Anonymous says:

I bet you can’t believe I actually wrote something on your blog. There is a first time for everything. lynda

michelle j. says:

good time(too cute)! Gram would be proud to see her great grandaughters in her skirts.
    i hope you had fun at your baby shower.the girls look like they are having a

gracie did a great job on writing her name, i especially like the way she wrote the E.

Lindsey says:

your girls crack me up! They are so adorable. Thanks for letting me take care of them! Lily did AMAZING in Sunday School today. I have never seen a toddler do so well on their first day! Oh and I am very impressed by Gracie’s spelling skills! I hope to see you soon!
    -Lindsey I