first day of school!

gracie went to her first day of “pre-k” (as she calls it) today. she was very excited. i was a litle nervous because i hadn’t met the new teacher yet, and really, no teacher can compare to her wonderful teacher she had last year. so the bar was set pretty high. but the new teacher seemed nice, a little nervous, but nice. lily was sad to leave gracie at school and asked about her for the next couple of hours, then was soooo excited to pick gracie up. she really missed her – it was very sweet and i think just what they needed: a break from each other. they hardly fought at all yesterday, which was a first in a long time. even though they are together all day today (g goes to school on m,w, and f), they are still doing really well and hardly fighting (knock on wood!).

my sweet girls!

Comments

your girls are too cute! hopefully some time away from each other will help with the fighting. that’s what we’re hoping for anyway–if i can get eli into preschool anywhere.

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

So cute! Gracie loves those leggins :)

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

So cute! Gracie loves those leggins :)

I recall the days of sending one off to preschool and “absence making the heart grow fonder.” It is so good to see them miss and then enjoy each other when they are together. I am so glad this is a help to you.
    btw- all last year josie said she was in pre-k too:-)
    See you in a few days!

I love that she is wearing her favorite leggings :} She looks so old :} Enjoy those few hours with just the little two! Amber is on her way up there so I’m enjoy time with my little two! Have fun ~ Shan

Cathi Hamen says:

What a fun time for Gracie! She looks so proud!!
    Enjoy Lily during these few hours!!

Kristen Borland says:

sweet pics!

cute photos! gracie looks so proud to be going off to school.

Lisa Leonard says:

they look so BIG! Glad gracie is feeling better :)

Sarah Markley says:

Ahh, the routine of the school year. I love it. Hope loved her teacher the first year, but then the second year, so wonderful too in a different way! I hope she has a good year!

Carrie Haughey says:

aw, she’s so proud and excited looking in those pictures!

Good job Lindsey for raising such beautiful and intelligent children! (Sean too! :0) )