silas is 1 week old!

silas had his first official photo shoot with me today (thanks auntie shannon for the great shirt!). i was napping with him and couldn’t fall asleep because i was just staring at him. he’s so pickin’ cute! that kid has my heart, i tell ya. maybe its because, knock on wood, he’s been soooo easy! the kid just sleeps and sleeps. we have his first doc appointment today, and also his “circ” (that’s what all the people in the med profession have been calling it). i hope this all goes well! he seems to have been losing a bit of weight to me, which i know they can do at first, but it still concerns me. i’ll post later on his first weeks stats.

update: circ went well – poor guy! weighs 8 lbs 4 oz., 1 more oz to go to reach birth weight, so he’s doing great!

Comments

Kristen Borland says:

soooo stinkin’ handsome!!! (what does the shirt say?)

Lisa Leonard says:

he is beautiful! i hope the circ goes well and he bounces back quickly. sometimes they get real sleepy afterwards while they heal.

Kim Damato says:

He is so cute! Wow! to have a baby that just sleeps, I don’t know what that is like. :) I know it’s early, but I see Sean in his little face.

lindsey cheney says:

his shirt says “in His image”

Carrie Haughey says:

so precious!! can’t wait to meet him!

ahhhh little babito (that’s a word that I think I made up – little baby in spanish?) He is so precious and I don’t think it would matter what he had on. It is amazing to think that we are made in his image………hum……..

no wonder you stare at him–he is beautiful. glad the circumcision is over, huh? and glad he sleeps for you! praise God for that.

Wow! I can’t believe it’s been a week already! That’s amazing to me! He looks so handsome. I can’t wait to see him! Glad everything went well with the doc and all… love you guys! Heath

Anonymous says:

I can’t believe its been a week sine he was born. He is quite handsome (just like his father). Of course, I’m a little prejudiced. I can hardly wait to see again. Give him a hug and kiss for us. Love G & G

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

Such a cutie little man! Oh goodness- I could hold him all day long. I’m glad it went well today. I miss you guys already- I’ve been up so often lately I don’t know what I’ll do next week when I don’t see you :)

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

Brenda Williams says:

He is WAYYYYYY cute!!!!!! Aren’t you so in love?! I just fell completely in love with Shawn the first week I had him, and was reluctant to even let anyone else even hold him.
    Hope the circ heals up quickly. It was really hard for me to see Shawn hurting after his circ, but he seemed to heal up pretty quickly. Those first couple weeks I just felt like I had “had it” with cleaning up blood/wounds/stuff – his belly button, his circ, my own issues… I held my breath hoping that Shannon wasn’t going to get any major owies at that time to go along with all the others!
    Hope you have a nice restful day!