update #1

i’m at the hospital. my water was broken at 8:20. not fun, very painful. i guess my cervix has moved further back, making the water breaking process a lort more painful. so not too many contractions at this point. i am getting some, but nothing really significant. my doctor should be here soon, i’m guessing she’ll start me on pitossin.
you may be wondering how i’m able to blog right now. my parents are here, along with sean’s parents and his older sister, and my dad has a wireless receiver that i am using. don’t you love technology? its actually a bit ridiculous – earlier sean and i were watching a movie on his laptop, we’ve both been on the phone multiple times, i don’t know how many cameras are in the room – seriously, the amount of techy devices in this room is silly, buut so convenient. oh and a webcam is on its way.
i’d better go for now, i was just informed that my blood needs to be drawn again (yipee!) due to an error with labeling my last draw.

update – dr was just here, pitossin coming up next.

Comments

Brenda Williams says:

Hang in there Lindsey! I’m praying things move along quickly and easily with the pitocin now flowing.
    My labor with Shawn with the help of pitocin was actually a lot less painful than my labor with Shannon and no pitocin!

Kristen Borland says:

thanks for the update! i’ve been praying! it will be good to have the pitocin and have things move on. i understand the difficult water breaking process. my doc tried that with zeb to get things moving, and the same thing happened with me, and it was so incredibly painful (and his head kept popping back up to make it harder), that the doctor finally gave up and just went with pitocin (breaking my water at the very end). much better when it happens on it’s own!!

Cathi Hamen says:

Yeah Aunt Lindsey!We are so excited for our new cousin!! Hang in there… We love you & are praying for you and Baby.
    love Amber, Ashley & Amanda

Sounds like you’re in the thick of it… praying all goes well. I was hoping there may be an announcement already.. it will definitely be soon :) -Luv from Us

Carrie Haughey says:

I have been checking all day… can’t wait to hear!!

LINDSEY!!!!!! oOOH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!! HOW FUN IS THIS AND I DON’T EVEN KNOW YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOUR LITTLE GUY TO COME INTO THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR UPDATING YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! :o) MUCH LOVE TO YOU AND YOUR LITTLE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Lindsey! Congratulations!!! Your girls were wonderful! Thank you for letting me hang out with them tonight! I have some really cute pictures that I will have to email you. Tell Sean that they went to bed super easy (lily fell asleep in my arms while we were reading Cat in the Hat!)Oh, and this is the first thing Gracie told me (very nonchalantly) “mommy had to go to the ‘hossible’ because my baby brudder is stuck inside of her and said he won’t come out and so they got to go pull him out.” I almost fell of my chair I was laughing so hard! Anyway, congratulations on the new little guy! I’m so happy for you guys!
    -the other lindsey

Hey Cheney Clan,
    Been praying things went smoothly. I am sure he is here by now – I HOPE! Can’t wait to hear all about the little guy. Take care.

Lisa Leonard says:

WE NEED AN UPDATE! Dying to hear. Love you guys!!

Brenda Williams says:

Been praying for you a lot, and hoping that no news is good news! I’m checking your blog obsessively, but I do totally understand that giving birth is pretty consuming – and doesn’t leave much time for blogging!

congrats sean and lindsey!!!!!!!!!! just heard the good news today from the ernstroms at swimming lessons. can’t wait to meet him! yay!!!

Whoooooo we did it!! (like the we??) I was so proud and happy to be there! You were such a trouper and a fighter! He is just the cutest Cheney boy there is :} I’m praying for complete and quick healing and for rest for you all! I love you guys and am going to try to come back up to help ya’ll! Thank you also for stating the “older” sister part!

I’m still dying to hear the news! Obviously you have a baby, but what’s his name???? Details please:) Of course you are probably wiped out so when you feel up to it; we can’t wait to hear the news! Been praying for you!!!

The Jones Family (Not your family!!! The other Joneses)