happy 2nd birthday lily!!!

lily may – happy birthday baby! i can’t believe you’re 2! you are such a big girl! i love:
-the way your eyebrows are always raised when you smile
-how you close one eye and say “cheese” for the camera
-how you always say “daydoo” (thank you) without being reminded
-how you want to be like gracie, but are also so independent
-how you are so helpful with silas
-how you help me set the table every meal
-how you ask if we’re all happy: “happy mommy? happy daddy? happy dace (grace)? happy baby?”
-how you pretend anything is a phone and say “home daddy?”
-how you want daddy and i all to yourself
-how you often give your sister what she wants, gladly
-how you squeeze me when i hold you after naps
-how you are fearless
-how you ask to sit on the island next to me when i cook
-how you say hot – “ha ha ha”
-how you say 2 – “due”
-how you hold your sister’s hand in the car and in the street
-how you miss grace when she’s at school, and always ask to go in her seat when she’s not around!
-how you make up funny names for us, like “mama doe” and “dada doe”
-how even before you could talk you were a great communicator

i love you, lulu! you are a precious, precious girl! i pray that having silas so close to your age doesn’t make you grow up any faster than you already are – slow down! i pray that you never feel like a “middle child”, that you never feel lost or forgotten. i pray that God take your heart into his own and you take Him into yours, that He keeps his hand upon you, that His angels always surround you. i pray that He shapes me into the mommy you need me to be. happy birthday baby!

-mommy

Comments

Auntie Jennifer says:

i love you sweet Lily! so sorry i haven’t been around to watch you grow up, but i think of you everyday. happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Lily! This was beautiful Lindsey! I am sitting here with tears in my eyes – you need to print this off and save it for her. It is going to bless her socks off some day to read all these wonderful things you love about her. I love all those pictures – you can see what a vibrant little soul she is- love it! I hope she has a great day!

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

Happy birthday miss lily! David and I have so enjoyed seeing you grow into the unique, adorable not-so-little girl you are. Linds- we loved looking through all of the pictures and reading your beautiful words. What a gift she is to you and what a blessing that she has such amazing parents. love you guys!

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

You have me tearing up. Happy birthday sweet Lily!

That God would shape and mold you into everything he wants you to be, lead you in all his ways, be your love, life and desire.

We love you Lily!

Happy Birthday Lily! I love all the pictures! That’s so cute she can close one eye and wink.. I can’t do that!

happy birthday sweet lily. abe saw your pics on your mom’s blog and recognized you right away. can’t believe you’re two–you’re such a sweet, sweet girl and we are blessed to know you (and you’ll marry abe, right?)

Lisa Leonard says:

Happy Birthday Lils!! You are such a big girl. I love you!!

Happy Birthday Lily! You are a sweet friend and we love you very much!
    Lindsey – for the past couple posts that I just read…you are amazing! Your home, your crafts, and your heart are beautiful!

Ahh my little lilly lu lu – i miss you and can’t believe you are two already!! I wish I was there to give you a big “auntie pretty hug”. I love you so much!!! You are such a sparkly little firefly……such a gift to us all. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. XOXOXOXOXOXO Auntie Pretty

Kristen Borland says:

cute!

where’s the picture of her as a little lamb at the harvest festival when she was three weeks old?

Diana Fabricio says:

Hi im jeannetts little sister and i know i dont know you but i wanted to say you have beautiful children!!! they are so precious and i dont know you but just by reading your blog those little guys are lucky to have parents like you!!!!