silas’ announcements and more

here’s the babe’s announcements, now that he’s already 2 months old! these were fun to do, super easy and cheap (minus postage!). the hardest part was getting a good picture! we’re sending these out to family and out-of-town friends, so if you’re local and wondering where your’s is, well…. here it is!

also, lily got her first shiner this week. she was throwing a fit as we were getting into the car. just as i was telling her to be careful or she’d get hurt – BAM! – she hit her eye against the edge of he door! not a great moment for “i told you so!”. she got over it pretty quickly, and now we’re left with an abused-looking child.

halloween costumes: we’re going with a peter pan theme. gracie is going to be tinkerbell, lily is princess tiger lily, and silas will be a pirate. gracie wanted him to be peter pan, but sean wanted him in something “more masculine”, so a pirate he’ll be. i went against everything in me and ordered lily’s costume again this year, its actually pretty cute on her, although made really cheaply. and i’m sure she won’t be wearing those braids for long!

gracie wanted to be tinkerbell, but i wasn’t so into the new disney costumes that are out there (we have one for dress up). nothing wrong with them, but they just don’t look like the original tinkerbell, more like a green fairy. so i’m (poorly) attempting to make her costume from scratch. my first attempt was really bad! she looks a bit more like a “lady of the night”! first i made it too big, then it was waaaayy too small. so i’ll try again for a longer happy medium. more to come!

Comments

Cute cute! Your announcements look great – a super picture of silas. Lily looks so cute in her costume. I am sure you will get Gracie’s costume just right. Thanks for sharing!

Brianna Heldt says:

the announcements are great–silas looks so grown-up!

lady of the night, heehee! you’ll figure it out i’m sure. anna LOVES tinkerbell. i agree, peter pan is kinda feminine–he was even played by a woman in that old school live production of it.

(and as i’m sure everyone’s noticed, pretty much at least one of my kids is always looking a little banged up!)

I guess my son was just more confident in his manhood because at 9 months, he was the most handsome Peter Pan ever. What was funny, though, was seeing him with his big sister dressed as Tinkerbell. Who knew a fairy could outweigh a Pan? :)

Jeannett Gibson says:

LOVE LOVE the announcements. Perfect picture!

While Gracie does look lovely in her outfit, it may be a wee small. BUt, if you really wanted to be the authentic original Tink, it’d be spot on!

Not sure what Henry will be. I wasn’t going to dress him up at first, but I’m thinking that I might be a bad mommy if I don’t at least make an attempt.

Sarah Markley says:

Way too cute! I love the announcements too. We are doing the Star Wars thing here – Hope is Padme and I am putting the baby in a Yoda outfit. She’s about the right height. I know she’ll kill me when she’s 17. Oh well! =)

Lisa Leonard says:

love the pic of silas! xoxo

Kristen Borland says:

that’s funny about the tinker bell outfit. i’m making the boys costumes right now (as it just finished for the night) and have been so frustrated with the stupid directions. grrrr… anyway, they are going to be doctors. (honestly, how hard can scrubs be? unless you have lame directions–the v-neck is killing me!) well, both their tops are down. the pants should be the easy part.

the announcements turned out so cute! that picture is wonderful! he looks so old in it!

can’t wait to see gracie’s costume finished!

Carrie Haughey says:

so cute!! I am referring to everything in this post!! the announcement is adorable! Lily in her indian costume, I think it will be adorable even without the braids! and Gracie in her Tink costume (go you for making it!!) I love Tinkerbell!!!! and Silas is going to look soooo cute as a bitty pirate!

that’s exactly why i don’t make costumes–although, they’ll be really cute when you’re done. silas pic is super cute–that big smile! esther smiles all the time, but do you think i could get it on camera? no, of course not. we’re a batman and robin household here–esther is just going to wear a “candy corn” tee–i’m too cheap to dress her up as something else. :)

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

Such a cute picture of silas! Gotta love lily’s shiner- if only she was going to be the pirate, it could replace the eyepatch! I can’t wait to see pics of the costumes all finished up- I know that they will be super cute! Jeannett was right- the tink costumes looks just like the disney tink’s slightly scandalous outfit.

As long as Isaiah comes in time (oh, lord- please don’t make him that late!) he is going to be R2D2. All of our kiddo group down here (adays, maroneys, wolfs, hedbergs) are going to be starwars characters together and nancy found a tiny r2 costume for us! No making a costume for me when he’s due just a week before halloween! :)

Joyful Weddings & Events says: