ruffle skirt

i finished gracie’s ruffle skirt today. after ripping out half of it and starting over, i’m somewhat satisfied with it. i got the idea for the skirt here, at the sew mama sew blog. there was a great tutorial that lead me through it, step by step. then i saw this picture, and decided to make the skirt a little differently. i wanted to add more fabrics, and also an extra white ruffle at the bottom. well, here’s the result:

i’m not sure if i’ll keep the white ruffle. i like the contrast, but it seems too small, like too tight around her legs? not sure how to fix that? and i still need to put elastic in the waistband. i plan on procrastinating long enough on that so gracie forgets about the skirt, then i can give it to her for christmas.

update: oops! i forgot to attach links earlier. they should work now!

Comments

Lisa Leonard says:

I love it! Definitely keep the little white ruffle–so cute!

Kristen Borland says:

i think it’s adorable as is! or maybe add width to the wipe. loving the sew mama sew tutorial month. such fabulous ideas, though not enough time!

Love the skirt – the white ruffle is darling – keep it!

Jeannett Gibson says:

Love it! Shoot I want one! :)

And yes,I think the white ruffle should stay as well…

Spencer Family says:

I stumbled upon your blog–can’t remember through who. Anyhow I loved the pillows you made for your white couch. And this skirt for your daughter is so cute! I too would definitely keep the white ruffle. I was trying to figure out what makes the models skirt different than yours and I think its b/c the models skirt only has one layer and then the white ruffle where your cute little girl has two layers and then the white. Maybe I’m wrong. Anyway–its really cute!

i like the white ruffle, too. and lily’s hair looks so cute in the previous blog. i love the capes for the heldt boys–such a cute idea. and i also like the idea of making gifts. what trips me up is thinking of things for men and boys (like pre-teens and teens). good for you though for making gifts. plus, you like sewing, right?

pennymalley says:

Do you really think Gracie will forget about that adorable skirt? She is a girl, you know… we always remember the cute clothes! ;)

So cute. I need to learn how to sew.

you better be working on matching skirts for the girls!
    it’s too cute.
    thanks for the encouragement earlier.

oh and maybe i should order the girls bracelets for christmas,hmmm??

wow, i love it. Can i have one, and suz, and lottie too…please!!!

Your skirt says:

Interesting article and very inspiring, I have some good models skirts and cheap, please visit me at http://yourskirt.com. Greetings introduction from me. I will always read your articles because smart and cool. Hope you all the best. Keep writing and share..Cayooo..!!