hats and scarves

3 more gifts to check off the list! these were easy but surprisingly time consuming. the little round pieces of fabric are called yo-yo’s. here’s a great tutorial if you’ve never made one before. sean was out late the other night playing cards, so i stayed up watching heroes online, making yo-yo’s. i made about 40 yo-yo’s in a few hours. then yesterday i stitched them to these hats and scarves along with some buttons i’ve had for years. i’ve had them for so long, in fact, that this girl used to play with them when she as a toddler!
i had a great find with these hats and scarves. i found them at kmart for $4.99 each! but wait…. it gets even better….. they were 40% off!!!!! yay for great deals!

on another note: i have a confession: i bought a few gifts online last night! i know i was/am committed to making gifts this year, but there are a few people who are too hard to make for! pheww, glad to get that off my chest. and while i’m in the confessing mood, remember my last post, where i so proudly stated that i’ve avoided temptation and not yet bought any new christmas decorations? well, that darn kmart and their martha stewart ornaments! but they were 40% off, too!

Comments

Lisa Leonard says:

So, so cute!!! Where did you get the hats & scarves?

those hats and scarves are great! i wish our kmart wasn’t so scary, i would be there checking out some deals!

Brianna Heldt says:

adorable!!!!

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

love them! and hooray for great deals!

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

love them! and hooray for great deals!

i love your heart lindsey…thanks for sharing! like in sunday school yesterday, we can really help each other in our working out of faith by sharing our hearts. thanks for helping me grow by sharing what you’ve been learning.

I LOVE these! How cute!
    Hey, if you are still looking for ideas for older boys, I made my brother (he’s 21) a large fleece blanket last year (2 yards of fleece). It’s his “watching football” blanket. It was so easy and he really liked it. The hard part is finding the right fabric.

kmart is total temptation for me, too! i also said i wasn’t buying any new christmas things and with the exception of a small artificial tree for the kids, i’ve stuck to it and i’ve been in kmart about 3 times this season. for me though, making the resolution was actually liberating–i could look and want her pretty things without the agony of should i, should i not buy. the hats and scarves are way cute and thank you for buying some gifts! now i can sleep at night! seriously, i’ve been worrying about you and your gifts and thinking about our gift-giving, etc. enough babble.

I love the yo-yos! I’m surfing the net tonight for ways to embelish some projects I’m working one. I’ll have to keep this idea in mind. thanks!

lindsey i LOVE these. I think these are my favorite so far (I actually have thought that about everything you’ve made!)I really wish I knew how to sew!

oh and I would love to watch your kiddos soon! Sorry I have been busy the last few times you guys have needed me. Finals are over on the 19th and then I’m off until January 22nd so maybe we can work something out!

-lindsey iunker

Jeannett Gibson says:

I’m very impressed! I can’t even seem to find the time to put pictures into a plain (non scrapbook) photo album!

I remember those buttons! I used to love sorting them into different catagories such as the pink ones the weird ones and others. I love the hats and scarves!

Rachel Shoemaker says:

These are super cute! Thanks for the great idea! I too am also trying to make all my Christmas gifts! I made four sets of the hats and made four matching glove sets! Thanks again for the great idea!

Kristen Borland says: