i jumped on lisa’s bandwagon and decided to play along, but with a slightly different version. here’s some things you didn’t know about me (and some about sean, too):
1. here’s the jobs i’ve had since meeting sean (i was 18 at the time): nanny (twice), ruby girl (waitress at ruby’s diner), office assistant (to my father-in-law), painter (faux finishing – residential and commercial), “antiquer” – i would take garage sale and flea market finds and fix them up for sale in my booth in an antique mall, and MOM (best yet, for sure). sean has been: unemployed, valet, owned a christmas lighting business, worked in sales for computer components, ran a roofing company’s tear-off crew, owned a window coverings business called shutters & shades (at one time had 4 locations), which has now evolved into onesource home solutions.
2. we’ve owned 4 homes: our first was a duplex we fixed up, 2nd was a house in town (complete interior remodel), 3rd was an investment property in central oregon, and fourth is our current home (which we completely tore down and rebuilt). we like to remodel, would love to do it as a business someday when the kids are older.
3. cars we’ve had: me: vw cabriolet, honda civic, vw passat, toyota sequoia. sean: ford ranger, toyota landcruiser, desoto firedome, vw passat (which i got from him), honda civic (which he got from me), nissan titan.
4. places we’ve gone (outside of ca): urbana, illinois, missouri, maui, oahu, kawaii, bali, indonesia, hong kong, london, paris, northern italy, las vegas (too many times for my taste), montana, idaho, oregon, mexico (baja and mainland). gotta love free airline miles!
5. i talk to my best friend on the phone at least 5 days a week, multiple times a day. no wonder she doesn’t have time to start her blog!
6. sean says i have a “one degree range of comfort”. i’m either hot or cold, very rarely comfortable in between. right now my thermostat says 71 degrees, and i’m wearing shoes, pants, 2 shirts and a very cozy robe over the top.
7. i was the only girl in my kindergarten class, and one of 2 in 8th grade. very small school!
hope you found that interesting!