before & after

first off, thank you for all your suggestions on how to post a video. unfortunately, none of them worked! i guess my movies all are .mvi files, which blogger, youtube, and photobucket do not accept. so now i have to learn how to convert my movies to another type of file. sounds very daunting to a computer novice like me. hopefully, more to come…
and a quick funny note before i get to the real reason for this post: it was kind of stinky outside, gracie told me. i asked what it smelled like and she told me, “gas”. then she said, “i think the neighbor’s are shortening their grass”!!! she was right. always interesting to hear things through a child’s perspective.
ok, to the real post. finally something slightly creative is going on here! a little back story: growing up i used to love to rearrange my room. i would do it most often when my room was really messy, because 1) i was just procrastinating (me!? shocking, i know!), and 2) i wanted to have a nice clean room when it was all rearranged. so its something i do, or did (more accurately). in our first apartment sean and i had, it was actually pretty big and i used to reaarange things in there all the time. sean actually came home more than a few times to me being stuck in one room or another behind and armoire or dresser. i look back and am surprised how much weight i was actually able to move. my memories are impressing myself! ;) so… in our last 3 homes, space has been tight (our last house was about 700-800 sq. feet!), and moving furniture has not been an option, for the most part. even in our current home (our “forever” home, because we will never move from here!), i don’t move furniture much because things really can only go a couple ways. except… in the girls room! there are options! yay!!! so yesterday after i dropped g off at school, got si down for a nap, lily and i got crackin’ on their room. here’s the before:
and also before:

here’s a “during” shot:
and here’s a couple “afters”:
and here’s where i made the kids all hide out (behind the door!) while i tried to get a picture of a clean room before the kids destroyed all my hard work!

the room is still not quite done (is it ever?!). we have a large mirror that goes over the dresser that we couldn’t use before because the dresser was in front of the windows. that still needs to be hauled out of the garage, and then i’ll post a pic of that side of the room.
oh, and we’re getting some storage built in our playroom today by a wonderful company called OneSource (ever heard of them? ;) ), so i’ll post some before & after’s of that soon!

Comments

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

looks good! I love the pic of lily amidst all the moving!

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

looks good! I love the pic of lily amidst all the moving!

So fun! i love rearranging too. It’s such a great way to make a space feel brand new.

Beautiful! Their quilts are so lovely. I love the white trim also. I wish my apartment were large enough to rearrange! Where did their dresser come from?

Your children are all stunning. For a two year old, Lily has the hippest hair cut i’ve ever seen! Have you ever considered getting the girls into modeling?

– Kyra

Brianna Heldt says:

it looks great! (and you’ll have to post pictures of your new storage once it’s done!

It looks great – their room is so cute! I love to rearrange as well but we are pretty limited in some areas of our house which is a bummer – i like to change and mix things up a bit.

love the picture of miss lily in the midst of the moving – too cute!

can’t wait to see the playroom.

Lisa Leonard says:

i love to rearrange! so fun. the during pic is classic.

Carrie Haughey says:

*sigh* a woman after my own heart! I must have rearranged my bedroom 7 times in Highschool! I had a massively heavy bookcase that I would wiggle around the room, it is a wonder I did not kill myself! (I would not take the books out first, I did not want to have to deal with them on the floor, or putting them back…)
    I love the girls room, it looks great!

Cathi Hamen says:

Sooo much fun to get a fresh look to the same ol room! i love it! although your house is anything but boring it seems!
    I too love the picture of cutie pie Lily in the during shot… looks like she loved her mommy time!

I just syumbled upon you blog. I love it! You have such great ideas, and your HOUSE! Love It! I'll be back. :-)