five

i can’t do this! gracie is turning five tomorrow. i can’t do this. i really want to write a sweet post about her, but its too hard. five is MUCH harder than i ever expected. it has really snuck up on us. i can’t even choose a picture to put on here because they’re all making me teary, and i don’t want to be teary right now, dangit! so’ i’ll hopefully get to it tomorrow night. but a birthday request for her: please pray (if you’re the praying type) for her to be a godly girl as she grows, to love God with all of her teeny little body, to exude the love that Christ has shown us, that God eternally keeps His hand upon her, His angels always surrounding her, that she would grow up strong in her knowledge of Him. now i’m teary.

Comments

Sugar Plum says:

That is so precious!! We pray she becomes the amazing woman God has designed her to be!

Stephanie says:

Happy Birthday sweet girl! Five is a big one but a great one. Prayers comin’ her way :)

Kristen says:

Happy Birthday Gracie! We will be praying for her!

I had a horrible time when Morgan turned 5 – I cried too! To me turning five meant she wasn’t a little kid anymore she was moving towards being a big kid. I keep telling Landon he can’t turn 5 next year he has to stay 4!

Sending some prayers your way as well…..

I’m right there with you. Our oldest, Caleb, just turned 5 last Saturday. I can hardly believe it has happened already.

Shealynn Benner says:

Happy Birthday Gracie!! You share the same birthday with my daughter who turned 6 today!! Have a special day. ;)

can that little, black-haired baby gracie really be 5 today?! no way! i still remember her bouncing and jumping in that jumpy seat during growth group! i echo your prayers that she becomes the godly woman that He has designed her to be. happy birthday, gracie! what a joy you are to all who know you.

Sweet Gracie-poo – I am always praying for you!!! And Linds, it keeps getting better – if that helps. Love you & Happy Birthday!!!!!

Lisa Leonard says:

5?! Impossible. What a sweetheart she is…and loved by everyone. Joining with you to pray that God grows her into a strong, beautiful woman with a heart like his.

I hope she has a great birthday . . . my oldest will be turning 5 in September and I’m hoping the days are very long until then! It goes so fast!

kendall. says:

What a beautiful post! I know we don’t know each other, but I would be glad to pray for your adorable daughter. (And what a beautiful prayer request! It shows a lot about you that you would ask this for your girl.)