papered window

a few months ago i was walking around my sister-in-law’s new house for the first time, oohing and aaahing at how she’s made her home beautiful and very her. the last room she took me into was her master bedroom and i gasped! on the wall was this old window in the most beautiful shade of turquoise and she had filled the panes with random pieces of amy butler paper.

i knew i had to do this, too. i had a similar, but smaller window that i have used as a coat hanger for years, i think since i first got married. i painted the frame a similar turquiose and finally got to papering the panes tonight. oh. my. goodness. was that so much fun! i get so caught up in making things for business purposes and rarely do stuff for my home that i forget how gratifying a quick little project can be. it makes me want to be more purposeful about dedicating time to pursuing my design interests away from business things.

Comments

Sugar Plum says:

Love it, that’s such an awesome idea!! I also like the differnt vintage knobs you used as well!

A Farmer's Wife says:

Very, very cute!!!

I LOVE THIS! can i steal the idea? i have been trying to figure hout what to do with all the windows in my office & this is it. did i mention I LOVE IT?

so cute!

Stephanie says:

That is so cute and what a great idea! Where did you get the window to begin with?

Both windows = so cute

Brianna Heldt says:

SO cute! i may have to steal this idea at some point!

Kristen says:

the windows are adorable – love the idea!

btw – i posted today about an idea i copied from you :o)

Cathi Hamen says:

i loved that too at courts!!! i am making one for my bedroom!!!!!

lindsey cheney says:

sean and i got that window early on in our marriage at a salvage store, then we added the knobs that we picked up from flea markets and a few i stole from my parents’ house. now we have a bunch of these old windows from our house remodel, but not much wall space to do more!

Christine says:

Ahhh Thats such an amazing idea. Ummm… i’m so stealing this idea. hehehe. Please that is?!? :)

Love the window and how you distressed yours. The color is fabulous. I gave you a blog award, so come on over and pick it up. I love your blog. Pass it on if you wish!

asnipofgoodness says:

Ohhhhhh my goooooodness! That is just so coooooool! great project! me too me too!

love it. love the window, love the paper, love the vintage knobs, love the purse. love it.

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

So cute! I was wondering when you were going to get around to that :) Now you’ve made me want to go and redo mine… maybe when wedding season is over! So exciting to see you in a couple of weeks!

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

Cherry's Jubilee says:

LOVe this! I just adore paper for this reason….so many possibilities. I just found your blog and will def. be back. Love your yo yo’s. cherry

rachel trigueiro says:

Not sure if you have decided on a business name yet, but the name of this post sure would be a great one! (I too love the window idea…it’s great for showers cause you can just change out the paper to match the theme! If glass covers the paper you can lay the window flat on a table and use it as a big serving platter…fun, fun! Great job with yours by the way!)

suedonaldson says:

love it!! did i tell you i found seven large vintage windows at the arbors garage sale extravaganza?? now maybe i could what you did – then again, i am craft-impaired. come over for coffee and we’ll talk windows

LOVE this idea. I think I have an old basement window hanging around…and now it will be a coat/bag rack for the entry way. Love it!

A Touch of Country says:

just stopping by from your other post on the girls NEW room redo.

I love those built ins…wow so neat and organized!

This window frame is adorable with all the patterned paper. Love it!

Fall Hugs,