silas’ 1st birthday invites

silas is actually going to turn one. as hard as i’ve been trying, he keeps getting older, darn kid! this year has been a quick but wonderful one with my boy, but i’ll save that for another sappy post of its own. i have had to accept the inevitable of him getting older because i have to plan fro his party! i just finished his invitations. ok, i actually only finished one to take a picture of, but i’m close! his party is going to be a carnival theme. my best friend and i both have baby boys that are turning one just a few days apart, so we’re doing the same party – me in california, her in oregon – and sharing all the decorations.

the invite was made with scrapbook supplies. i actually found this pennant paper in my stash then covered some of the girlier pieces with tiny triangles of paper, added the circles with the info stamped on it, and a couple other embellishments.

then i took the two sides of the invite i had made down to kinko’s and they helped me shrink them down and print them off. so what looks like a cute little scrapbook page is actually a copy of one! genius!

so….. i can’t take all (or any) of the credit on this one. nicole had already done her son’s invites and sent her’s to me so i could hack it up and make it my own. here’s what her’s looks like:

so fun, right? she is one crafty little girl. if only she would blog about all of her creativity you would get to enjoy her too! but blogging is the one thing she is TERRIBLE at. did you here that nicole? terrible! i do make her take pictures of everything she does and send them to me, so i’ll have to start sharing them with you too, for inspiration sake. and her husband just finished building them a beautiful new home that i want to give you all a virtual tour of, too. its incredible. ok, i’ve actually never been in it, but i’ve been around since it was in the early planning stages, actually since the dreaming stages, so i know just about every square foot of that place.

alrighty, got a bit off subject there, but i’m sure you understand! my parents just left this evening after a wonderful week of having them here, and my sister-in-law is on her way with her youngest daughter tonight while her older 2 kids are at camp. fun times ahead!

Comments

Jeannett Gibson says:

Oh. wow. SUPer cute. But hello?! How could you not check with me first? We have a wedding to go to that day! BUMMER! (Look at me acting like I’m invited…)

I have a question, did they print it off on card stock? If so, you only had to make one of these?? I wish I would’ve figured that out a few years ago! I worked night and day on my daughters invitations for many birthdays. :) Thanks for posting the idea..I LOVE planning birthday parties. I will have to start posting what I work on!

p.s. I love your blog and the things you sew. I always seem to make it here too late to get what I wanted.

yeah, those invites look alright. i mean i’ve seen better. totally kidding!!!–those are SO STINKIN CUTE! the penants are adorable and, i especially love the little pic of silas in his party hat. i’m trying not to have invitation envy. :)

lindsey cheney says:

jeannett – of course you’re invited! now really, what’s moe important: going to someone’s wedding or going to silas’ party? silas will be VERY offended. really.

emily – they didn’t print it on card stock. i was trying to cut costs by using their machines rather than actually having the staff do it themselves. the lady that was helping me said on the standard machines for customers it is really hard to print double sided and have everything line up. so i printed 2 invites per page and have been cutting them out and will paste them somehow to a really really thin cardboard, so that the cardboard will be sandwiched between each side of the invite. make sense? and, yep, i only had to make one! it did take me about 2 days though!

I love those invitations! I want to copy you…some day.
    BTW – I LOOOOVEEEEE my cute little flower pins and wear them every chance I get – as you can see on my blog. You’ll need to make some cute business cards and mail them to me so I can send people to your blog easily and they can buy more…:)

Shealynn Benner says:

OK, super cute, and fun idea!!! :) My youngest turns TWO this October! Why do they have to grow so fast? Sheesh. LOL!

Kristen says:

seriously – could those be any cuter??? before you mentioned kinkos (pure genius) and i thought you stamped and put together a large number of invites – i thought you might be a little crazy! i love the idea of doing the scrapbook page, shrinking and copying – i am totally going to use that in the future.

sounds like a fun fun party! i did a carnival for landon’s party this year and it was so fun! i can’t believe silas will be a year already – time flies by so quickly!

those invitations are just adorable! and what a great idea to make copies! why didn’t i think of that? (20 handmade invitations later!) and how does the time fly by? you just blink and they are walking right past their 1st birthdays! my little guy just turned one also. *tiny tear* can’t wait to see all the carnival decorations!

Those are the. cutest. invites. ever. ever. ever. If you weren’t so amazing I might be tempted to be hideously jealous. Not fair!!!!! I want to have a carnival party now too. Fantastic! You have lucky lucky kids. (tagged you on my blog too… =)

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

shoot. why does isaiah’s birthday have to be after silas’? now i will not be satisfied with any invitation I would make. thanks linds.

Super cute!

Joyful Weddings & Events says:

Super cute!

Stephanie says:

I LOVE it!! My daughter wants a Carnival theme for her 6th birthday in May so I might just have to borrow this idea :)

Thanks for the inspiration. I can’t wait to see the pictures of the party!