we’re not in kansas anymore

the cowardly lion – borrowed super cozy costume that stayed on all night (can you believe it?!). cost = free thirty free

glenda the good witch – dress was previously lily’s ballet recital costume that had a good revamping, done with tulle, hot glue, rhinestones, sequins, cardboard, tinfoil and glitter. cost = $1.50 for an extra layer of tulle to lengthen the too-short dress.

dorothy – shoes and long bloomers – borrowed. shirt – previously owned. dress – whipped up in a mere couple of hours (don’t look close. or wash. ever!) for the bargain price of $3.50 for fabric.

total cost for halloween ’08 costumes = $5

comment from oldest daughter when her mother tried to straighten her crown one last time: “mom, glenda does not need her crown” = priceless

Comments

Cathi Hamen says:

precious!! i love themes!!
    Jeff enjoyed hanging with Sean… and seeing you all briefly.. and sending love from Aunt pretty!!

they are adorable!
    you are too creative.

we hung out with the scarecrow, tinman, and another dorothy.

i’ll load pix tomorrow.

So perfect!

Great lighting in those pictures, too, just setting off those darling costumes to a tee.

What a precious group.

so cute!!!

i think wizard of oz costumes were a big thing this year! my girls were dorothy, wicked witch, and glinda . . . and i have seen tons of others thru the blogosphere with oz costumes!

you already know that i love your kids! their costumes look so cute and i love that you only spent $5. i won’t say what i ended up spending, but i will say that the boys play dress-up so often, that it was money well spent.

Soderin Family says:

too cute! noah was a lion too. actually the exact same costume. old navy from a few years back?

Stephanie says:

Unbelievable! I can’t believe you did all of that for $5! Why won’t my daughter be something that costs $5? You are amazing and they are adorable!

Shealynn Benner says:

Great costumes!!! :) My Halloween total? LOL!! $110. Ooops.

Adorable! I love the theme too. Wish I was creative and able to throw things together that look amazing!

Thomas Clan says:

awesome!!! love how cute they are, perfect idea for the “theme”! :)

Lisa Leonard says:

so fun!!

they turned out so adorable! what a bargain! free thirty free, gonna steal that one! so what was mommy and daddy for halloween?

! we really should’ve ben the tin man and scarecrow, but the hubby wasn’t up for it!

debbiewhitlock says:

The pics are adorable!

minnesotamom says:

What cute costumes, Lindsey! You’re so creative! I’m pumped to host your giveaway on Saturday…and now that I know you have a personal blog, I’m sure I’ll be back to visit.http

So adorable! I’m in awe of your craftiness and frugality!

Absolutely adorable!!! I love it!