viral pharyingitis

view from bed

yuck. thats what i’ve had for the last few days. i woke up thursday morning with a scratchy throat, then ignored it through out the day. again on friday, but it still seemed not too bad in the daytime. night time was miserable. i couldn’t even swallow my own saliva without tears coming to my eyes. so i woke up saturday morning telling sean i needed to go to the e.r. or the med stop. so my wonderful husband took all 3 kids and got them to the birthday party i would be missing so i could go to the doc’s, then had them the rest of the afternoon while i rested. i thought for sure i had strep throat. not that i’d had it before, but just a guess. after a couple ear checks and throat feels, and what they non-chalantly called “tickling” the back of my throat with a huge q-tip (followed by gagging and coughing in the nurse’s face multiple times, and of course more tears – it really hurt), the determined it was not strep, which is good, but instead i have viral pharyngitis, which is a strep-like virus. after 3 days of steroids and loading up on vitamin c, i’d say i’m back to 95% health and can eat just about anything without my throat hurting. yay for drugs!

on a totally different note, as i’m typing this i hear silas crying. i layed him down for his nap a bit ago and thought he was probably about asleep. so i went to check on him and HE WAS OUT OF HIS CRIB!!! i had to run through in my mind quickly, “did i put him in the crib?”, but of course i did. he finally figured it out. it was only a matter of time before he could get out on his own, but still! do i have to buy one of those tents to keep him in?!? crazy!

Comments

So sorry to hear you’ve been sick, but glad you are on the mend. Hope you figure out how to keep Silas “contained!”.
    Jessica :)

Jeannett Gibson says:

i keep waiting for henry to figure it out too, but so far he hasn’t even seemed to attempt climbing out…i’m just keeping my fingers crossed because i can’t imagine he’s anywhere near ready for a bed….he’d never sleep again!

Jeannett Gibson says:

oh, and so glad you are feeling better! aren’t husbands great??? i have no idea how single moms do it…

To keep my little cousin in the crib, when he was not yet old enough to be in a bed, we would put him to sleep in one of the light weight “sleep sacks.” There was enough room in there for him to walk around and crawl in the crib, but not quite enough for him to straddle his leg over :)

Priscilla says:

So, sorry you have been sick–but glad you are on the mend. Peter had to cancel his shoulder surgery because his “cold” whatever it is/was went into his ear :( Ah, yes, I remember my 3rd getting out of her crib (oh, and the “sleep sack” didn’t deter one bit) We finally put her on a matttress on a bed frame and slid it under her brother’s bunk bed (the beds were split, but could be high or low) She slept fine after that!!

Priscilla says:

oh, yeah, Jeannett, she is now the single mom of a 10 year old (she is 30) with autism

Laurel MacD says:

Glad you’re feeling better. Sorry about the crib hopping – it’s never fun.

Oh Linds-so sorry to hear you’ve been sick. There’s nothing worse. But glad to hear you’re feeling better. :) Yes, I’m back in the land of the living-even posted today! Woo hoo! Love you guys!

Get well soon!

hope you get over all the sickies soon! its no fun when mommies are sick!! i can’t believe silas is climbing out of his crib already!!! good luck with that. tucker hasn’t attempted yet but i’m sure its soon. not looking forward to that one!

SECPumpkin says:

hey lindsey, I’ve been reading your blog for awhile now! I think I found your blog through lisa leonard’s. I really love all your fun gift ideas! I wanted to comment because I had pharyingitis last week and that was the first time I’d ever heard about it. The pain was crazy…but i feel almost 100% now. I’ll be praying you heal quickly! Take care!

Lisa Leonard says:

glad you’re feeling better–crazy! oh silas! this was such a hard stage for us! love you!!

Hope you’re feeling better soon. Your husbands a keeper.