before + after

ahhh, much better.
still needs a brown antiquing wash.
i’ll get to that, um…. later.
aged it with a razor blade this time, rather than the usual sand paper.
i’ll get a close up pic of that for you…. later.
and painted the mirror black, too.
loving that.

wall paint: restoration hardware silver sage
table paint: mermaid net by behr from ho d’po (home depot)

Comments

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

The perfect blue – wouldn’t expect anything less from you.

Pop! wow. wonderful.

FABO!!!

i love the blue you painted the table and the black on the mirror just makes it pop. it looks great!

Yes, BEAUTIFUL! You inspire me!

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} says:

That is beautiful! I love that shade of blue! I think I need to paint something that color.

Gorgeous!

summer... says:

so cute! i love it!

I’m so dumb–I was thinking on Saturday that the mirror looked different and then I thought no, it had always been black. And, I didn’t even notice the table either–I just noticed that everything looked really good as usual.

that looks GREAT!

please tell us the color of the paint you used! i’m salivating at the mouth…must paint something…PLEASE SHARE!! :)

Ooooh, I like it a LOT! I looove the blue table! So beautiful. Great job!

Elizabeth says:

SO cute! I NEED to know what shade of blue that is!

bluecorduroy says:

it looked cute before, and even cuter later! great blue, too. i am tempted to paint every peice of furniture in my house, because i love that look, but i am constantly holding myself back because i also think too much of a good thing ain’t so good.

the turquoise paint is a behr color from home depot, perfectly named “mermaid net”.

so glad all you lurkers are coming out of your shell! welcome!

emily – i, too, am often tempted to paint everything. i really REALLY want to paint my island this color.

The Tulip Lady says:

just LOVELY!!!! I do love a good make over…great job.

You did such a good job! Thank you for the name of that color, too. Is the black a special shade of black? Thank you for doing these pictures!

the black is just slightly off black, like the very darkest gray you could ever get. but basically its black.

Lisa Leonard says:

sososo cute!!!!

Your Big Sister says:

yeah, soooo much better! does the table top get filled with clutter by the end of the day? it would if it were in my house.

Danielle says:

Wow. gorgeous transformation.

oh i LOVE that! wish i could afford you to come redesign my blah house. (as if you had the time!!)

Joyful Weddings and Events says:

love it!

Anonymous says:

wondering if you could share some colors: wall color and the blue for the table. thanks! beautiful!

wall color is silver sage from restoration hardware, and table is behr’s mermaid net from home depot. happy painting!

LOVE that!! What color did you use?

nevermind! :) Beautiful!

hi lindsey! i went to home depot today determined to buy this paint! but the paint chip was so dark that it scared me! so, now i’m nervous and intimidated…by a little ol’ paint chip! sad, i know, but true nonetheless. in your opinion, was the paint true to it’s chip color or more blue or lighter? i still want to try it, but i’m spooked! any advice or insight you could share would be wonderful! thanks!

hi amy – i don’t still have the paint chip so i can’t compare them, but i was pretty happy with the color in the end. my pictures may make the table color look lighter than it really is. hmmmm… don’t know what else to tell ya? its definitely not a pastel color.

Excellent job, I love the redo!

Oooo!! I love this!! The colors are fantastic and I love your honesty about your thoughts on the completion.

No way! I just found this post through The Nesters Tumblr. And guess what!!!

We are remodeling our kitchen and JUST painted the walls Silver Sage from RH.

I LOVE that color. And your after looks fabulous!

Tiff (from MN)

P.s. I purchased a trio of pins from you and wear them all the time.

mary beth says:

Lovely! going to to get me a can of that MERMAID NET
    right now! And then, I'll decide what to paint it on! Great job on that piece!

Joselyn says:

Love the blue too! I am going to check it out as well on my next visit to Home Depot. Nice Job!

Atticmag says:

Nice color on the table. Jane F.

Stephanie says:

Great color. One of my favorites. I'm interested in how you age with a razor. I'll be checking back.
    Thanks for sharing.

Sarah @ Hennessey House says:

wow, i love it. i think it'd be perfectly fine to leave without the wash, but i'm excited to see how it turns out if you do do it.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

oooh! i love that you painted the mirror black, too- looks so chic with the new blue of the table. i hopped over from miss mustard seed and love your redo!

Miss Mustard Seed says:

Oh, what a difference! I love how simply painting these pieces made such a dramatic difference. Wonderful job!

Remodelaholic says:

This is so beautiful! I would love to feature it on my remodeling blog. If you are interested, just send me an email (usually you can just respond to this comment). Thanks

brown paper packages says:

LOVE it! I just found the most fantastic vintage sewing table, and I was thinking blue, but wasn't sure which one. I think I've found it now!!!

Rebecca@This Present Life says:

Wow, what a difference a little bit of paint makes! I love the color you chose and your accessories really pop now! Saw you at Remodelaholic.

Rebecca@This Present Life says:

Forgot to mention I'm now following!