So, I brought an old canvas down from the attic…I bought it years ago. It is huge (40″x30″) and is a beautiful gallery wrap. I first thought I would put a family tree on it…maybe something like that anthro print again. But somehow this family rules kept calling me.
2. Spend a whole lot of time at the paper store picking out paper you cannot resist
3. Write your rules. Be careful of what you put. My kids often refer to the canvas. My favorite is…”Daddy, hug mommy”. A rule is a rule, ya know? I should have put HUSBAND- MASSAGE YOUR WIFE’S BACK DAILY
4. Now, cut that beautiful paper into strips. I varied the widths, used “torn” scissors, scalloped scissors, and so on. Use glue, mod podge, or spray adhesive to lay it out on the canvas.
5. I then went on to the computer and typed all the rules in different fonts. I am a font junky thanks to lindsey’s sister, Jennifer, showing us how to download free fonts. Do it…get hooked! It is easy and wonderful!
6. I printed them and “eyed” or copied them onto my papers with black and white paint pens.
7. Cover that baby in mod podge and make your man hang it!
So…for next time: You tell me! A tour of my basement…where I craft and never clean up OR a tour of my kitchen and my big, bright turquoise island! Leave a comment and let me know!
***edited to add: if you want a more detailed description on how to do this, click here!***