… umbilical cord and life source to baby #4,
1. Sorting the utensil drawer
2. Cleaning the condiment lids in the fridge (that stickiness gunk drives a nester crazy)
3. Smelling all of the towels in the linen closet to see if any should be trashed….you know that “old towel” smell….ughhhhh
4. Organizing the attic. I actually went through 5 years of baby girl clothes and 3 years of boy clothes this past weekend. It felt so good. I found some treasures for little miss lily may
5. Plucking my eyebrows as often as I can bring myself to look in the mirror
6. Organizing old Martha Stewart mags by month and season
7. Reading my Bible as often as I can (as if I will never have time to read again)
8. Planting a vegetable garden with my soon to be kindergartener (sniff, sniff)
9. Clipping everyone’s nails way too often (believe it or not, my boys love this)
10. Making lists of all the things my hubby must finish on the house before this baby comes
so, you see i am a bit neurotic…i am one of those people that cannot do things last minute. ms. “IMPERFECT” works best that way. we are similar in many, many ways but also very different. my house is always a mess but i can’t think straight unless i know what is for dinner. lindsey’s house…equally messy but at 4:30 pm she still hasn’t looked in the fridge to see what’s cookin’. we are same…but different…but those differences make our friendship better!
all of this leads me to my first little show-and-tell project. my need to get things done ahead of time is sometimes advantageous. while my hubby spent last winter building our house, i spent the winter months making pretty things to fill the house with. one of my fave projects was my five year old, tyler’s bedroom pillows. she didn’t even have drywall in her bedroom at the new house when i was sewing these little guys. she is a girly, girly, GIRLY girl with lots of input. we did these “together”. most of the time she was asking why we had to use any green fabric (after all, it is a boy color). miss tyler bella has the bed I dreamed of as a little girl…check these out.