my jumper

its not the climbing that worries me.

its the jumping off.

he actually lands on his feet 9 out of 10 times – crazy boy!

so as much as i agree with many of your suggestions to stack suitcases next to the trunk behind my couch, he’s sees them as a ladder.
next to an even higher trunk.
on hard wood floors.

i’m still getting used to life with a boy.

Comments

Lisa Lewis says:

Lindsey,
    Having only boys I have wondered about the “quiet” life with daughters! I am sure the contrast is huge in some respects. Climbing, jumping, hanging, balancing, all out risk taking. That is what boys are made of! I have lots of fun ideas for you if you’re interested, plus the book Bringing up Boys. They are different on purpose for sure!

Get to know your pediatrician well…

Lisa

Carmen Rigby says:

Wow, action shots, good job!

We have 1 girl and 3 boys. And although I once found string woven through and knotted around every left peep toe high heel in my closet, I wouldn’t have it any other way. :)

More great things to come, trust me!

Oh and Bringing Up Boys that Lisa mentioned is a really great book.

oh man, if our boys ever got together there would be trouble for sure! tucker has been walking down the playhouse slide lately. i don’t even look anymore. those suitcases are awesome!

Jeannett Gibson says:

Henry’s not much of a jumper/climber, but the energy level is pretty intense sometimes. In fact, when I went to pick him up at the nursery at church on Sunday, Penny said “Here’s your gift wrapped tornado!” I’m interested to see how different the girls will be!

And really, could those action shots be ANY cuter???!!! That boy! Joy said something about making sure Henry has ugly friends (presumably so the girls don’t fall in love with his older friends…)so we may have to discuss the friendship of our sons someday…

three men and me says:

Hi Lindsey,
    I have enjoyed your blog for sometime! I also have two boys(5 and 3). It is an exciting on the go life. My windowsills are demolished from “playing trains and cars” on them. I have also resigned to the fact that everytime we go outside they get muddy or dirty. Coloring always involves broken crayons! But, they give the sweetest hugs and kisses and always call for “mommy” when they need some tlc.

julie & joe says:

I have a jumper too. So far we have been able to convince him that it’s best to jump from the bottom step, but it’s only a matter of time. That’s why he only got the twin bed in his room and not the bunk bed that the twin is part of.

julie & joe says:

Didn’t Gracie jump at a young age, too? maybe not this young, but I remember that she was jumping way before Eli–maybe because of the johnny jumper she loved so much? but, even still–silas is a good jumper! oh, and yes–based on my previous statement to jeannett, silas and henry can’t be friends. silas is too cute :)

Lisa Stone says:

I also have two boys (a third if you count my hubby!) and let me tell you, I quickly realized that they could have all the fun and dirt they wanted, but they stripped at the laundry room!

Now, they are in college and high school and I can assure you that that is well in the past ;) but those were the best of times!