9 years

“the very first moment i beheld him,
my heart was irrevocably gone.”

– jane austen

9 years ago this day, i married the man i knew i would marry within months of meeting him. i remember so clearly walking down the aisle on the arm of my dad, looking into this handsome face that was so confident in his choosing of me! i look back at our years of dating and think how we were just kids (18 and 21). we have grown up together in so many ways. i sit at the dinner table now and look into 3 little faces and am still in shock that they are ours, that we are here in life. i so often think that we’re still in the young love stage, but when i see them, reality sets in. we’re far from there and in such a better place. we’re home. we are where we are meant to be. we have become a family. thank you babe, for your commitment to me, to your kids, to us. your daily sacrifices do not go unnoticed. i love you now more than ever. to the moon and back!

-linds

Comments

Whitni Ann says:

I’ve been following your blog for some time now and wow congratulations 9 years is not easy in this day and age and your post desribed exactly where I want to be in ten years I hope you guys have a long and happy life together and that God blesses your home in every way possible!
    -W

krystina says:

What a gorgeous photo! Congrats on 9 years!

kaylin rose and mara anne says:

Love the photo! Congrats on 9 years! Enjoy your day.

Happy Anniversary!! It’s also my husband’s and my anniversary today… Have a great Anniversary/Birthday day!

Michelle says:

Do you and hubby have a fun date night planned? We need details! (ha ha)

Priscilla says:

OH, Lindsey! How the memories come back for me—-CONGRATULATIONS! That Jane Austen quote says exactly what I was thinking (I said”I am going to marry that man!”)when Peter and I met 46 years ago! We will celebrate 41 in July and he still makes my heart zing!!

lindsey says:

michelle – hmm… details on the date night? well, when your daughter’s birthday lands on the same day, the anniversary kind of gets pushed to the back burner. we spent the evening together… working. so romantic, i know! but we’re going big for #10 next year!

Sprinkel Queen says:

Congrats Lindsey! Way to go – What a Beautiful life you have made for you and your family!
    God Bless!

beautiful lindsey.
    happy anniversary (start planning our 10th anniversary trip..yeah your kids are totally big enough for you to do that).

Beautiful post! Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding photo as well!

such a sweet post lindsey.

oh – I’m such a bad sister!! hee hee! HOpe you had a special day – can’t believe it was 9 years ago!!! I will take (or help) with the kids for the 10th!!!! love you both!! XOXO