day at the market

there was another flea market a couple towns away this weekend, and on sunday my mom and i snuck off with one (whiney) kid in tow.

these colors scream spring to me. love the blue pot.

this cabinet reminded me of the original built-ins our house had in it. see the 2 plates on the bottom shelf? they’re in my house now, added to my collection of mismatched floral china. 2 bucks a piece! can you believe it? thank you mom!

where do i start? the little 10 cents sign, the box with all the tiny compartments, the enamel bowl on the floor, the great baskets under the table – OH THE TABLE!! i wanted to take it home with me, and put it behind my couch. i was hoping the price was around free-thirty-free. i was close. it wasn’t for sale. what a tease!

a jadite colored sink. ahhhh. so stinkin’ cute.

i really loved the way this seller displayed her wares. i tried to talk my mom into the round mirror in the back. since my parents are into boating i thought it looked nautical. she didn’t go for it.

in the end. we walked away with a dresser for the loft and a pile of plates for gifts. all in all, not too shabby!

Comments

julie & joe says:

What beautiful things! We don’t have flea markets like that around here :(

julie & joe says:

What beautiful things! We don’t have flea markets like that around here :(

It’s probably good I didn’t go. I would have spent way too much money for stuff i didn’t need or have room for. but, I do want to go antiquing with you sometime and when we go, i’ll be counting on you to keep me in line.

themurphys says:

where is this flea market?

lindsey says:

it’s just a little one in atascadero, california, put on by the 3 speckled hens.

Candice says:

I have never been to one, but have always wanted to, wow this looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Susie from Bienvenue says:

Looks like one fun day at the market! They should have gotten that mirror…it was cute! Wisk I had a flea market to enjoy. Take care~

Sharla says:

Good stuff! I went to my first flea market last weekend and I might be hooked :)

What “eye candy”!
    I so miss my Texas “first Monday”!

Elizabeth Cranmer says:

that looks like a dream flea market! How do I find one of those!!!?? Lucky girl!

Denise says:

f.u.n.
    i hope i end up receiving a plate(s) as a gift!

Penny Malley says:

How often does this flea market take place? Looks like fun!

lindsey says:

hey penny – i think its at least twice a year, but i’m not sure if its more?

Ohhh…how much did the shelf wiht the squares cost? I would KILL for that..yes actually..well…..knock you over and run to it…OK..maybe not kill..but seriously maime. Was it expensive???

and the green sink…there are a ton of those in old houses around Ireland where I grew up…we owned two of them as kids…LOL….you can knock me down for that one..I’ll step aside actually…it’s all yours!

Seriously, where do I find flea markets like that in St. Louis? That aren’t charging insane amounts of money? If anyone knows, please tell me!

Molly Stevens says:

hmmmm, not sure how i feel about you forgetting your friend in atascadero that would love to attend a flea market right in her own home town with items that would look so cute in her little cottage house.

looks like you got some great stuff. next time, i’m coming.

Rebecca Rodgers says:

I have that sink…and the tub…and the toilet.

pinkstilettos says:

Where are these great flea markets at? In my town we never have anything like this… it's usually just junk but this stuff looks like trasure. Daisy~