a day in the life

yesterday was a fairly typical day for me. i thought it might be fun to take notes throughout my day and see how i actually spent my time. here goes:

1:45 am – finally get in bed. waaaayyyyy toooo late!

2:00 am – hear silas wake up. he goes back to sleep. phew!

6:30 am – hear lily as she thunders across the house with her stomping feet into our room. thankfully she wants to snuggle daddy this morning.

7:00 am – sean reminds me i should get up. i don’t.

7:05 am – he’s right. i get up and half make the bed. pillows are all still on the floor.

7:10 am – get dressed, kids ready, lunch packed, backpack packed, check emails, say bye to mom and dad, package up covered button hair clips for show

8:15 am – in the car off to school

8:18 am – we live really close to school. drop of gracie. kids play on the playground for a few. pick up lily’s carpool girlfriend.

8:40 am – head to preschool dropoff.

8:45 am – drop off girls.

8:55 am – get home and realize i forgot to drop off the preschool snack for the day, sitting on my front seat. head back to school. drop off snack.

9:00 am – get home. joy stops by. get silas down for a nap.

9:15 am – get covered button pony holders ready and in sets.

9:30 – set out cut fabric to put together posies. see post woman walking by. quickly put postage on packages and run them to the mailbox.

10:30 – nicole calls for our daily. it was a quick one.

10:36 – what?! silas is already awake?! that went too fast for me. get snacks for him. work on matching buttons with posy pins to be sewn.

10:53 – out of covered buttons again. time to make more.

11:00 – poured myself a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade my hubby made yesterday.

11:30 – silas is getting into the game cabinet. i’m trying to make more buttons. i’m ignoring the huge mess he’s making.

11:47 – go get lu from preschool.

12: 20 – kids are eating lunch – smoothie and dinosaur chicken. i’m making more buttons. still.

1:30 – si down for a nap. finished buttons. ordered more ribbon online at ribbonsandbowsohmy.com.

2:00 – silas still awake in his room. try to get him to sleep. just ticked him off more. woops! start on zippered pouches. he falls asleep after a couple minutes of chattering.

2:45 – gracie home. lily awake. gracie wants to make a quick apron.

3:00 – apron ready to be sewn. silas wakes up and gives me a good 15 minutes of snuggles in his room. heaven!

3:30 – time to head to costco!

4:30 – home from the worst trip EVER to costco!!! unload groceries, repackage massive amounts of shredded cheese to be frozen, make piles of trash to fill the recycle bin… silas is mr. desructo and into everything. i try to contain him for a few minutes in his crib. HE CLIMBS OUT!!! my patience is running VERY thin.

5:30 – sean is home. have dinner. breathe.

6:30 – get back to work. zippered pouches, posies for pouches, kids do playroom cleanup.

7:30 – bedtime for bonzos (my dad always said this). read 2nd chapter of on the banks of plum creek (little house series) to the girls. go hideout in the playroom and work while sean deals with the girls getting out of bed too many times. watch lie to me and doll house. work on pear appliques for tea towels. finish a custom cape.

10:30 – oh my goodness! it’s 10:30! how did the time fly? i’ve been fairly unproductive tonight, it seems, but i did add 10 more zippered pouches to my pile for the show in a couple weeks. watch lost. prewash tea towels.

11:45 – go to bed.

Comments

That made me tired just reading it. I hope today is a little less crazy.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

I, also, am tired just reading it. This is typical?

lindsey says:

yep, this is pretty typical for a non-homeschool day. today we have homeschool and it just may be busier! after my show in a couple weeks i’m going to have a big sale then take a break.

Candice says:

I need a nap after that one, you are supermom! Go ahead and make yourself a cape!!

Candice says:

Oh where is your show? I might have to check it out.

UNPRODUCTIVE? Never. You’re an inspiration. Thanks for the glimpse into your world. :)

lindsey says:

my show is in arroyo grande, ca over memorial day weekend. its the starwberry festival – should be lots of fun!

r- m val says:

i love silas’ quilt on his crib. i vote that after the sale and the madness calms down a bit that you take photos of all the stuff you’ve made for your kids (quilts etc) so that us beginers can gather some inspiration.

I second “r-m val” on the quilt I would love to see this better and alos how do you make yours by hand or machine.

Penny Malley says:

Silas is still taking two naps a day?? Why aren’t you accomplishing more?

*snicker*

Mama Mote says:

WHEW!!!

Stephanie says:

What really amazes me is that you left for Costco at 3:30, drove.shopped.got home. by 4:30!! Talk about getting only what’s on the list!

I’m exhausted reading this. More power to you!

Mommy Laity says:

You can function on 5 hours of sleep?! You don’t want to see what i’m like on 5 hours of sleep. I’m usually losing my patience by 2:00 even if I get seven hours of sleep!

One of these days I might post a schedule too. That was fun to see.

Farmgirl Paints says:

I’m not sure how you function at all on that amount of sleep. It would have been a challenge for me to walk down the stairs and make coffee:) You rock!

i am so excited to see the new pins. i want more! i love ashlynn’s new hair posy. she has it on her nightstand. it is really cute!

Courtney says:

WOW. that is one full day! More power to you!

Rebecca says:

Okay so I am a total lurker on your blog but have to tell you that my Dad always! always! said “Bedtime for Bonzo” to me. I loved seeing it on your blog!

Wow!

Shealynn Benner says:

Busy!!! LOL!! I was cracking up when I got to 4:30. Hilarious to me, and not for you, I know. ;) Fun to read your day!

I’m tired!
    That used to be my life plus an 8 hour job. My children are grown now and I would give anything to be back where you are. Cherish this time, it goes way too fast.

Jeannett Gibson says:

you. are. insane.

lindsey says:

here are a couple posts on silas’ quilt:

i will definitely do a post on the quilts i’ve done – i’ve been searching to find gracie’s baby quilt to start it off, and i can’t find it!!!

goodness girl – no wonder your so skinny :) Wait – I did this with the twins and Drew and I was not skinny! So much for that theory! Your amazing!!!!! Miss ya!!

Anonymous says:

Wow, i don’t envy you at all! I would never want to be that busy. But it sounds like it works for you…kind of…so that’s all that matters!

Christine

lindsey says:

yeah, i wouldn’t necessarily say this “works” for me. its definitely too busy, but with the economy the way it is, and my husband owning his own business, we need to do whatever we can to make ends meet. reality stinks sometimes!

The Tulip Lady says:

I LOVE this!!!! My dad asked if I was happy to be able to be taking it easy for a while since I am now back to being a full time mom instead of working outside the home. I told him, “Oh daddy…if you ONLY knew…being a full time mommy is WAY harder than siting in an office talking to adults all day.” If only there were more hours in the day!

*katie* says:

Wow that was quite the day! I love all your stuff–you’re so creative! Question for you…where do you get your buttons? I bought some yesterday at a local fabric shop and figured there must be a less expensive place to get them…. thanks!!