guest blogger nicole: "oh boy"

so, 4th baby means 4th baby room to decorate. unfortunately, i am all tapped out of boy ideas from big brothers drew and hawken. but when all else fails, i start with a color scheme that sounds fun. this time around i decided on different shades of green and a punch of turquoise. and actually a bit of yellow made it’s way into the room… you’ll see.
so, it began with this while i was visting linds.

here is the finished blanket.

i put black and white seersucker on the back

i recovered a bumper to match (p.s. bad photo…the crib is not pink)

the blanket is now covering my ottoman…which needed to be covered anyway AND i had the turquoise pillow from tyler’s first big girl bedding

i had the old license plates…

the crib…passed down to us from our 13 year old cousin. it is hardly used as my kids spend most of their early life in my bed. black curtains from target. a clock from big brother’s first room. the wall color – restoration hardware’s silver sage (same as lindsey’s great room).

i love the train table here. the colors look great. rick (my hubby) and i glued most of the track together so we pull it out and send thomas for a ride and push it back when we are done. they never seemed to use the train table when it was out before. plus…no crib skirt to make now. :)

a little green chair we had in the basement..with a bear i made for baby drew and my old vans tennis shoes. aren’t they classic? my brother and i both wore them as kids.

the closet…ready to go…way too early but it feels good to see it full of baby stuff.

see the door on the bottom left corner?

that is the secret door that connects the baby’s room to his big brothers’ room.

a little side table found by a friend. it was already the perfect color…crazy! those are drew and hawk’s fave trucks… they generously donated them with the agreement that they could still play with them when they wanted to.

a little wagon that we were given years ago…it ties the yellow in from the license plates.

a simple room… hardly baby but definitely boy.

-nicole

Comments

man! you’re nesting or should I say nested? It looks great. love the little door connecting the rooms.

Sheena Richmond says:

I love the colours you’ve chosen! REALLY love the crib blanket…your little one will be welcomed in style :)

unfinished says:

the door brings back memories for me too. michael & christopher had a little door that led to the space under the stairway. they'd have sleepovers under the stairs with friends. they still have baseball cards and space legos stored under there. cindy j

southern queen bee says:

Looks great…

darling room. i love the secret door … what little boy doesn’t love a secret passage? we’ll have to incorporate that idea into our home somehow.

Smiling Mama says:

This is lovely! I have a bunch of old license plates that I want to incorporate into my son’s new big boy room.

bluecorduroy says:

really cute! that blanket turned out great! you make doing boy look so easy.

summer... says:

i love the license plates. so adorable. and the generosity of big brothers is so sweet.

Chelsea M says:

Love the color scheme and all the fun little touches you have in there. The teddy bear you made is adorable! What pattern did you use??

I love it all you did great!

Candice says:

how cute, and perfect for him when he gets older aswell, no redecorating needed when he is a big boy! I love the Vans so classic!

fantastic job! i love how crisp and open the room seems…the colors are great!

Hilary Mercer says:

Wow! I love everything about this room! Great job.

Lisa Leonard says:

darling. i love the license plates–to cute. might have to try that!!

wow.. that crib bedding looks great. I’m expecting baby #4 and it’s a boy.. where did you find that striped fabric for the bumper? I’m debating on whether or not to make the bedding or just buy it.

Christina says:

That is the coolest door EVER! Totally awesome. And love what you did with the room. And that wall color … perfect! Can’t wait until I live in a house I can paint because that color must be in at least one room!!! :o)