inspiration for today

so pretty! this actually makes me want to buy a pattern… only to cut it up, though! (click on the 2nd page of the link)

this blog almost makes me want to make more clothes for my kids. almost. these easter dresses have such amazing embellishment – would look great on a plain tank for the summer. hmm… maybe i’ll skip making something for the kids and go straight to a project for me!

oh. my. goodness!!! this chair is amazing! i can’t even imagine the hours that went onto it – it is made entirely of selvage strips (the little piece at the edge of fabric noting the designer and colors – trash to most people).

this, on the other hand, would be a great project for a beginner – just a few straight lines – super easy and inexpensive. you don’t even have to finish the edges!

have a great day! i’m debating having a mellow day at home vs. stealing off to the beach with the littles. decisions, decisions!

Comments

beach!

i want to make the bandana runner. hmmm, maybe a whole bandana table cloth!

I love those easter dresses and she even has a tutorial on how to make them. Time consuming, but easy! I have a shirt from JCrew I could have made for a fraction of the price!

Oh, and BEACH!

Jeannett Gibson says:

wow that chair! I cannot imagine the time it took!

ohhhh…the beach sounds fun…hmmmm…

Your cool friend Cheryl says:

Love that runner! Reminds me of something Martha showed awhile back…thanks for jogging my memory to make it!

Stephanie says:

LOVE that tablerunner – such a great idea!

I was just about to email and see if you ever made table runners! I don’t sew, but have been reading your blog for awhile! Maybe something to think about for the “Pleated Poppy”???

lindsey says:

i’m always up for custom projects. email me with your ideas!

Those are some great project ideas!

As for the decision of what to do…since I am a native Floridian who use to live 20 minutes from the beach….GO TO THE BEACH! LOL! Sand between the toes with kiddos beats anything for me!! ENJOY!

Flower Patch Farmgirl says:

I adore that pattern bouquet! I fell in love with it at first sight (in the mag) and again here, for the second time. Pitch perfect.

unfinished says:

speaking of ideas for pleated poppy, what about eye glass cases. one fabric banded with another. narrow ones for readers and big fat ones for sunglasses. mom

The Southern Housewife says:

Ooh that bandana runner is darling!!! Love it!

Anonymous says:

have you seen the vintagericrac selvedge dress? Siobhan

lindsey says:

i did see that dress! the chair is from the same designer – crazy! i can’t even fathom the amount of time that went into those!

love the flowers and the chair and everything actually