one more shower

a friend of mine hosted a baby shower for another friend this weekend (yes, apparently EVERYONE i know is pregnant!), and i helped out a little.

other than the invitations, i really only contributed a couple paper pennant banners.

i started by cutting scrapbook paper scraps (is that redundant?) into triangles, then sewed them onto ribbon. yes, you can sew paper! this was a little trick i learned from my sweet friend joy. you can see some of hers here and here.

i made a little mistake, though. i should have had the ribbon sit higher than the top of the paper, stitching closer to the bottom of the ribbon. i only realized this when i went to hang the banners and they didn’t lay very well. oh well! next time i’ll do better. i also printed off “oh baby!” in the same little days font as the invitations, cut them out and stuck them on after they were hung.

this adorable cake was made by joy. how cute is it?!? she did such a great job, as always.

i’m done with parties for awhile. that is if “awhile” means until this saturday when we’re having a little early birthday party for my almost 6 year old. a pink party. very girly details coming soon. i told you may was a busy month for us, and it just started!

Comments

Jeannett Gibson says:

Who’s having a baby?

{ Kiddos and K9s } says:

lovely… I so enjoy simple, sweet and neat shower decor… this looks so pretty… ~ kim

summer... says:

looks so cute! you did a great job… shocking right? you always do a great job.

I love the paper banner, what a fabulous idea….way cuter than what one would find at a store. No surprise there, everything you touch turns out pretty dang cool!!!!

What a beautiful shower. You banner looks great and so does that cake. I have been following some of your families blogs )the thuesons) Let me just say that your family is adorable you lucky girl!

SoBella Creations says:

Good to know about the banner. I had no idea you could sew paper. I will add this to my daughter’s Olivia Party decorations. Now to find some black, red , Polka dotted papers.

comin over from TCB- love that banner, super cute!

Miss Gina Designs says:

Very pretty shower decorations!

Any idea where the punch/beverage glass dispenser is from? I really want one and this has nice style.
    Thanks!

lindsey says:

the drink dispenser is from costco!