another girly skirt

while up at my parents’ house, my sister-in-law and i made a couple more girly skirts for her girls. man, these skirts are fun to make! they really are so easy to make, and so satisfying because they are stinkin’ adorable!

i picked out the fabric for denise, without much direction, which was really stressful! but she loved them, and so do i. i’ve discovered another great local fabric store and its my new happy place. when i walk in, they bring toys for the kids to play with and give them jelly bellies while i shop. to top it off, they give me 10% off because i’m a “young mom”! how great is that!? the owner is a mother of 5, so she knows what its like.

i’m really tempted to try to make a mommy version of this skirt. joy and i saw a flippin’ adorable skirt on a girl recently and, darnit, she said it was from the netherlands or somewhere too far away. it was kelly green with white dots and teeny tiny ruffles at the bottom. my description is not doing it any justice, so you’ll just have to take my word for it. i think this pattern could substitute for it, just by adding some messy ruffles.

my sweet niece, josie, was my fun little model. she’s absolutely as sweet and silly as she looks in this picture!

and those steps she’s on – i grew up playing on those steps, but never appreciated the beauty of the old stones and moss. i guess my 31 years are giving me a little perspective to enjoy the beautiful things, like twirly girly skirts, mossy rocks, and sweet nieces.

Comments

i'm just dying to make a few flirty skirts for me this summer … when you adapt the pattern into a mommy one, will you share it with us?

lindsey says:

if i can actually figure it out, i will definitely share!

i love this! ashlynn would love it too. because it will twirl.

Just adorable skirts!! if you make a "mommy" one…list it in your shop…would LOVE one!!! :)
    So glad you had a nice time and a great birthday!
    Many Blessings!

bluecorduroy says:

great fabric combo! i need to go check out quilters cupboard- i've heard about it before, but have never gone in.

Melissa says:

So cute!
    If the little girl was from the netherlands the skirt could have been from olliebollen… I believe they have a website. maybe you can find a picture of it there.

That skirt is really cute and I wish that my 2 year old would wear one. I would love to make clothes but I am not that good yet. Did you get the pattern from some one or make it up? Very cute!

Joyful Weddings and Events says:

cute! Oh, how I wish there were cute fabric stores like that around me.

MeganAnne says:

Oooooo, I would totally make a "big girl" sized version of this skirt. I love love love the fabric you paired for this skirt. Here's hoping you figure out how to scale this up so I can make one too!

Woo hoo for being a young mom! :) Love the skirt! Adorable!

Kristen says:

hey, that's my quilt shop! it's walking distance from my house (now you're jealous!).

go in around your birthday next year because you get 25% your total purchase!!!!

Anonymous says:

You should make these and sell them in your shop! I would love to buy one for my babe-girl!

Love this skirt AND the long apron. I so admire your craftiness!

Aimee Friedrich says: