a birthday girly skirt

i made this little girly skirt for a sweet friend who was turning 2. i’m looking for any excuse to make another of these skirts! i still want to make an adult version of this, but just can’t seem to find the time.

this skirt is being modeled by the only almost-2-year-old i had on hand – notice the man feet? i have another picture of him picking his nose while in the skirt, but posting this pic of him in a skirt is about all my husband can handle!

Comments

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now says:

Oh my goodness, that's hilarious that you made your son try that skirt on haha! It's really pretty, too.

cute skirt. you have such a great eye for fabric combos (like the coral/turquoise of emilie and josie's loved it).

silas is a cute model.

tell sean wait until silas wants his fingernails or toenails painted because his sisters have theirs painted. it is sort of a right of passage for baby brothers with older sisters :o)

btw – how "easy" is that skirt? are the directions clear enough that a novice to sewing could make it? mauryn is so into skirts it would be fun to make one for her.

that fabric is fun!

i want an adult version too. when can i come and make it with you?
    btw- i want an adult version that won't make this baby look like she has too much back! :-)

Jeannett Gibson says:

I THOUGHT those were Silas' feet! Hey, I think that any boys with sisters will likely end up being dressed up at some point or another! :)

you could make one in my size…for me :)

summer... says:

so cute.

Candice says:

I have to say he looks pretty cute in that skirt, he can pull it off right! Cute skirt and model

TOO cute!!! LOVE the fabrics!!

Adorable! My son modeled a pink headband for me to get a toddler size set up on it. You aren't alone!

Courtney says:

too cute.

Poulsen Family says:

We LoVE those skirts too! I've made a few for my girls. They are so adorable!

Pink & Green Mama says:

Such a sweet skirt!! I love it. MY own two year old would be ALL about the pink with the polka-dots!! The photos of fabric stacks made me happy…I love pattern and color.

Pink & Green Mama says:

Nicole @ BugaBoos says:

What a cute little skirt! Love it!

Love your blog! Stop by mine, I have a blog award for you!

Jen's Backup says:

If you made adult sizes and sold it at your shop, I would order one!!! The skirts are so cute and I like the colors you choose!