guestblogger: nicole "square potty"

my oldest son, drew, calls his bathroom “the square potty”…no need to ask why. the flooring speaks pretty loudly in here. it is a simple room but i still thought you might enjoy the little details in here.

the window seat with 3 empty, very old buckets.

the lighting: pb kids sent me the wrong lights (these) but i fell in love with them. i called pottery barn and they said to keep them…at the way, super cheap price that they had billed me. love that!

the sinks… 2 pedastals- 1 big and 1 little. the little one is called a “wee wash”. i bought it years before we built the house.

the tub – the BIG tub!

subway tile makes for such a clean look.

the wall color is ryegrass by ????- a delicious shade of green.

the flooring is called VCT. you can find it at Home Depot. it is inexpensive and easy to install. Lindsey had it in her kitchen in San Clemente (she had tan and white checked).

i love these jelly jar cabinets… they make for such great storage and allow this to be such a clean space.

everyone thought we were crazy to design such a big bathroom for the kids. it is actually bigger than our master bath. my monkeys are sometimes tubbin’, tooth brushin’, and running around nudey at the same time… with room to spare. everyone loves the “square potty”.

-nicole

Comments

CK Nethercott aka Mom says:

Okay, now I have square potty envy! That is a beautiful bathroom. LOVE the mini sink- excellent idea and I didn't know they even existed.

fiberdoodles says:

What a great room! Very well done; love the decor!

Sharon

Elizabeth Cranmer says:

I love the square potty too! Very cute! I too love subway tile and have osme in my home, with plans to get more. The wee wash is so adorable and smart and brilliant!! Where did you find it all that time ago?

Mama Mote says:

Beautiful! And I love the colors.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

I love two sinks! If I could have a super low toilet, that would be heaven for me.

JennieG says:

What lights did you order from Pottery Barn? Love them!

Thanks for sharing you Square Potty with us. Love it.

I love the square potty!! and where or where did you find the wee wash? I have never seen one of those before.

i think this is my favorite room in the house.
    love the wee wash! a great idea.

AnNicole @ OurSuburbanCottage says:

That's such a cute room! I love how it's kid friendly (LOVE that wee wash), but not overly themey…not that there anything wrong with that, but I love the classic look.

Great job!

Kayleen says:

Love that subway tile and the floor is so great! The wee wash sink is definitely the best part. My kids would be hygiene finatics if I had that setup.