bend: day five – the big reveal

a real estate sign

moving boxes

=

one dream home SOLD.

yes, its true, nicole did end up selling her house. she hinted at the possibility awhile back, but not even i knew how much of a reality it was. although this home really is incredible, the job market here is at a steady rapid decline and they are getting out before there is no work left, and moving much closer to family. we are here to not only enjoy their beautiful home, but also to pack it all up.

this has been a whirlwind for their family: the house sold in near record time, her husband is searching for a new job, she has had to find all new doctors, find a new school for her almost kindergartener, leave a beautiful town, and she’s very pregnant to boot!

as terrible as it has been to come to this home that is so clearly filled with love of family only to say goodbye to it, i am also giddy excited. guess where nicole is moving to?!?! yep, my town!!!!!! i can hardly contain myself (or type fast enough!)!!! we haven’t lived withing 15 minutes of each other in over 6 years and, let me tell you, it has been 6 years too long!

packing has gone really well so far, and its actually been pretty fun. i’m a crazy person who LOVES to pack and unpack. really. love it. so getting to go through all of nicole’s things and pack them away is all too fun for me. but even better is the knowing that i’ll get to help unpack and set up her new home with her. and we’ve run across a few treasures along the way that stir up lots of memories – fabric scraps from baby blankets, dating photos, etc. so much fun.

so now those of you that are my real life friends will get to meet her and love her (because you can’t help but love her). we’ll be bringing a trailer full home with us, and they’ll be following in a couple weeks. i can’t wait!

Comments

I cant wait to see photos of the new house and how she makes it her own. I LOVED this house, you can tell your best friends because your houses have alot of the same characteristics.

kaylin rose and mara anne says:

I am so excited for both of you. Enjoy!

Mama Mote says:

How exciting for you, Linds! I guess I should have called you when I was packing to move. Next time. :)

Count me in for help with unpacking, holding babies, or whatever. Let's get this sweet person settled into our lovely area before baby #4!

Welcome, Nicole!

Nancy Armstrong says:

Oh wow! How exciting!!

How exciting!!!! I'm sure her next house will be just as lovely.

andy gibson says:

But can Nicole share? I mean, if she lives in town, will we ever see you again??? :)

andy gibson says:

shoot, it's jeannett…sorry.

lisalyn says:

Very exciting!

Chrissy says:

Yeaaa!! I'm so happy for you guys! And can't wait to see her new place once you guys are done with it. Both of you ladies are so talented, I'm sure it will be amazing!!! Seriously … yeaaaa!!!!!

Shannon and Carey says:

Awww. How fun to have your friend near you. I long to be near my old friend. One day we will be!!
    -Shannon in Austin. Wanting to get back to Tulsa. (cue Take Me Back to Tulsa)

WAH! omy goodness, sniff, I am a bit sad to hear she will be leaving that awesome heck of a kitchen,I love Nicoles house, and very glad your best friend will be moving to your town. Good luck with the move gals!!

How wonderful that you two will be living so close to one another!