we were gone all last week camping with my husband’s family.
i tricked you didn’t i? with a post everyday!
i decided to take a vacation from the camera, too.
you know how sometimes you can’t fully enjoy a moment because you have to get that great picture, then the kid sneezes or blinks then have to restage the scene to catch what you thought was perfect? well, i decided last week i just wanted to enjoy the now, to be in the moment. that, and i had plenty of other photographers around to capture all the moments i’d only capture in my mind. but on the last day i decided to get a few shots of our time only take take this one picture then drop my camera, rendering it broken. seriously? what is with me and technology? and how many time have i asked this in the last month?!
but that crummy moment aside, i dicovered i have much to be thankful for:
– i. love. my. husband’s. family. they are wonderful people, and anyone who comes across them would agree. loving, caring, generous, hilarious – love them!
– i love my husband. no this is not a revelation to me, but just a deeper appreciation for the man that God gifted me with.
– health. 2 family memebers were hospitalized this week.
– my work. as much as i still cringe to say that i work, i do work. i have to not only accept it as a reality, but as a blessing that again God has gifted us with. i was able to get a great deal of work done while we were gone, and it was relaxing! there are certain aspects of what i do that i so enjoy, i’d rather sit and make posies than read a book any day!
– my kids. they were so content to roll in the soot filled sand, and play in piles of rocks all week. of course, having lots of older cousins doting on them helped quite a bit!
– my brother’s fall. he’s a photographer and was shooting a wedding and he had a seriuos fall from 6ft off the ground. you can read about his story here, and see God’s goodness in it. my sister-in-law, denise, has an amazing way of finding God in everything.
there is so much more for me to list, but naptime for the kids is calling! see you soon!