(in)courage one another

so i’ve been slipping up a bit here and there, telling you that i’m working on something big. i finally can let the cat out of the bag, and i’m so excited! a few months back i was contacted by the ladies at dayspring, the christian division of hallmark. they had a brilliant idea to start something new, something for us, something we could all relate to, something relevant to our lives, where we’re at. they have developed a site unlike any you’ve every seen for christian women and i am so thrilled and honored to be part of it!

officially launching august 10th, more than 20 other women (we’re talking BIG names in the blog world) are joining together at www.incourage.me! this will be a site where you can get daily (in)couragement from christian women. some of you may be here because the nester sent you, or you followed thinks through sarah mae from like a warm cup of coffee. thank you for visiting and i hope you’ll stick around to see more from the pleated poppy, but even more i hope you’ll go visit kristen from we are THAT family. she is, like both the nester and i, learning to embrace the imperfection of our daily lives, but recognize that perfection only comes from our God. if you haven’t been to her blog before, give yourself a good hour at least – you are going to love this girl! she gives it to you straight, no sugar-coating mommyhood, no bragging about perfectly behaved kids – just real life, the way we all really live. but the great thing is that she has learned to find the good in all the nuttiness raising kids brings, and makes you laugh all the way through it, mostly because we can relate all too much. so please please please, head over to kristen’s site and keep checking for more (in)couraging women to be introduced all week.

so what’s been keeping me so busy? well, if you pop back over to the nesting place you can see just a couple few of the goodies i’m making to (in)courage women. we’re talking piles and piles of posy pins and tea towels, all special editions for (in)courage only. so many of you have already asked if you can get your hands on some of those tea towels – you’ll just have to be patient! they will be offered at (in)courage on the 10th, so head over fast because i have a feeling they will go quickly. not to worry, though, i’m making more and more as fast as my little hands can sew!

and i’ve employed more little hands to help me. apparently, i’m not above using child-labor. just know that every single tea towel that leaves my house has been lovingly touched, rolled and wrestled on by one of my babes. don’t worry, they’ve all been pre-washed and shrunk, too!

so there you have it! i can now be open about where all my free time has been spent lately, and i can’t wait for you to see all the fun products i’ve created for (in)courage along with a few other amazing artists!

so are you (in)? will you join me on the 10th at (in)courage and see what they have to offer? i hope so!

***edited to add: the site is live! but please be patient as they are experiencing some minor difficulties in the speed of the site.***

Comments

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam says:

It's all so exciting, isn't it? I'm working on my post right now. I thought I was supposed to be on Wed, but I am supposed to have it up tomorrow and link to Annie on Wed. Ugh…. :)Everyone was loving your pins at She Speaks!

that is so awesome lindsey! to be a part of something bigger, reaching women, sharing your faith, and using your gifts to glorify him. i'm so excited for you and the opportunities that are in store for you! and man, that's a LOT of tea towels! sew, mama saw!

Hillary @ The Other Mama says:

Hey Lindsey,
    I'm (in)! I got to hang out with the (in)courage folks this weekend at She Speaks and your pins and towels are BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to get a special (in)courage one. They are adorable!
    Hillary

Congratulations again! All this and you're helping your friend move? Plus all your inventory for Mari Robeson?

Since you've already covered how you do it all, I won't drone on again (though I remain impressed.)I WILL say that it's great that your venture into the business world has seen success after success. Yay, Lindsey!

And a very happy birthday to a very, very precious little boy!!!!!! So fun to see Silas and his mad skills.

yingyangmom says:

Congratulations, Lindsey! The Lord definitely is an awesome, generous God. I'm so thrilled for you opportunity and your sharing your natural talent to provide simple joys to others. Continue to be blessed.

How exciting! Can't wait to see all those tea towels prettied up! :)

God is so good and His word carries on in those who are willing to share it.

We are THAT Family says:

I'm so THRILLED to be working with your Lindsey. Your are truly inspired.

Lindsey, I have seen those tea towels in person and they are FABULOUS! So many women are going to be (in)couraged by you!

Sarah Mae says:

Oh, how stinkin' excited I am! :)

Congratulations, Lindsey! What an honor & priviledge! It was great seeing you the other night…all of your products are so cute! I will keep in touch to order those aprons later on…when you "slow down"…yeah, right. Happy Birthday to Silas! What a cutie pie!

andy gibson says:

woop woop!

This is so exciting! Your products are beautiful, I can't wait to see all of them. Adorable helpers!!

Kimm at Reinvented says:

You girls are certainly doing a fantastic job of creating excitement! I can't wait for the 10th. I've got to get some tea towels!!

Aimee Friedrich says:

wow, sounds so cool. I'll have to check it out.

Wowza! Congratulations to you! That's very exciting!

krystina says:

Congratulations Lindsey, what a wonderful thing to be a part of!

Smiling Mama says:

Wow! That looks amazing. Congratulations on being chosen to be part of it and can't wait to hear more!