– 402 followers! wow! thanks you guys. for some silly reason it makes me feel really special. yes, i’m a dork.
– getting my playroom/workspace finished today!!! as in, our installer is right next to me while i type. awkward? not really.
– silas is dressed the same as our installer. they have matching shirts. silas is knocking on walls to find studs just like him. its cute. you’ll just have to trust me on that one. i don’t feel comfortable taking pictures of it!
-i just made some “snow white” petal pushers last night. they are so pretty, if i do say so myself. i’ll try to add them to my shop today.
– i’ve been getting lots of questions about more items that i’m running out of, like zippered pouches and checkbook covers. i’m gearing up for a big push before christmas.
– home schooling is going pretty well, but we sure are having a hard time leaving summer behind us! it doesn’t help that we were at the lake the last 2 weekends in a row (8 out of 11 days).
– i also made 17 new sets of posy pins last night. i am still shocked at how much i enjoy making those little things!
– this is how i do a bunch of my work: i have a pile of vintage trays that i put different projects on. that way i can move around the house with them and set them aside when i need to. they also are great for doing projects on my lap while i catch a show.
– even though the playroom redo isn’t finished yet, i am sitting at my new desk where i can fit both my computer and my sewing machine side by side. love it. and i have a view out 2 windows!
– my house is a disaster. what’s new? my goal this morning was to get the house cleaned today. by cleaned i mean put away all the clean laundry that is piled in every bedroom. now that its 10:15 and i know i need to head to costco today, i’m reassessing my goals. maybe i’ll shoot for one room instead. smaller, more attainable goals are better, right? or maybe i should start with the pretzels left in the bird cage?
-ok, my boy is buggin’ me and climbing all over me and the computer, trying to dump out posies and stuff. just when i get annoyed, he takes my face in his hands, gives me an eskimo kiss, the kisses me between my eyes. i am still wrapped around his finger, darnit. now he’s trying to jump to reach the fan! ha!
– i’m on day 4 of “project life change“. still no sweets or soda, but my husband disagrees with my choice to get a butter croissant this morning. its a work in progress. i’m not so good at cold turkey. i think i’d rebel.
– after going nearly a year without exercise, i started walking this morning. by saying i “started” i think that implies i am going to continue, then eventually get back into running. remember last year? i ran a half marathon. i really wanted to run it again, but i think training would be really necessary, and i just haven’t had it in me. so this year i’ll sit back with all the other girls on the day of the race and say how glad i am that i’m not doing it. but i’ll be lying.
-ok, costco is calling. or really thats just an echo from my empty fridge. i’m out!