chop chop

my oldest daughter, gracie, decided that she wanted to cut her hair short. i suggested donating it, and she loved the idea. so we went for a long walk together before it happened and… ok, not really. this pic above is just to show you how long it was!

i’ve trimmed her hair a few times, but for a big cut like this i took her to the professionals.

the minimum length needed for donating to locks of love is 10 inches. she had a little more than that to give from the back 2 ponytails.

chop!

she was so excited about this!

and now some little girl will get all her baby blonde.

she loved getting her hair washed. when the stylist started giving her the neck massage too, i almost kicked grace out of the chair so i could enjoy it again. its been over a year since i’ve had my hair professionally done. i miss it .

and here she is with her big fluffy salon hair!

she loves it. i love it.

but i don’t recognize her. she looks sooo much older to me. there have been a few times i needed to find her among a group and i can’t locate her. it’s crazy how much not only the cut made a difference, but now her hair seems so much darker since the light blonde was cut off.

but washing it and combing it sure is nice and quick now!

and yes, now lily, gracie and i all have similar haircuts. don’t say, “how cute”. just wait for the day i accidentally dress us all alike. then you can tease me.

and don’t forget about the sale!

Comments

The Caretaker says:

I absolutely love her hair. Waaayyyy cute on her!!!

SoBella Creations says:

Aww what a cute cut! And what a great cause to get your hair cut for.

linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous says:

Such a cute little girl! Love the cut and style.

Rebecca Welch says:

cute cute cute!

The Chubby Dove says:

Please tell your daughter THANK YOU from The Chubby Dove.

Someone very close to me has been battling cancer for a long time. She says one of the very hardest things she's dealing with is losing her hair.

Not only does your daughter look so adorable with her new look, she has given someone else SO MUCH MORE.

Grace @ One Craft Girl's Corner says:

Isn't it amazing how our hair dictates so much of how we look? Just one haircut can make such a difference in our appearance and how we FEEL! I need a haircut real bad.

She does look older, in a totally adorable way. Go Gracie! =D

What an adorable hair cut!! So, so sweet that her beautiful hair is going to help someone! :)

oh my – I can't wait to see her :) XOXO

She looks just precious. That was a very wonderful thing to do. You tell her I said KUDDOS!

Adorable story…

cupcake studio says:

Her new "do" is fabulous! And how awesome of her to donate her locks :)
    Happy Autumn!

Oh my goodness! She really does look so much older! Having 2 older boys each and every time they get a cut it makes them older….but she sure does look adorable!

She looks a lot more like you with the short hair.

oh my gosh…it looks adorable! And what a wonderful & caring lesson to teach her about giving to others…way to go mom! :)

Julie @ Joy's Hope says:

Halley has the same exact hair now. the blonde is gone and the curls are gone. she suddenly seems 10 years old and I don't recognize her either. I am trying to get used to it…. i miss her long hair. but her sweet and amazing heart blow me away. hooray for generous little girls!

Kelly's Ideas says:

What an incredible heart.. Love her new do… She's beautiful!

Love to you.
    Kelly

that just made her grow up!!!
    stop that.

last year when emilie chopped her hair all three of us girls had the same hari style. i LOVED it when people would say, "your girls look just like you."

Mom's Place says:

We were going to do LoL last time I took my girls in…we were 1/2" too short. Bummer!

I love the cute!!! Sure makes her look grown up!

Andrea McMann says:

Oh, she's adorable! When we cut my daughter's hair, it was much the same. Her hair used to be definitely blond, but now it's more of a light brown. I'll bet you have a much easier time brushing her hair!!

yep, my first thought was that her hair looks so much darker and then immediately… she looks so much older! you need to nip that growing thing in the bud.

sooo cute!

boohoo, they are getting so old!

do it yourselfer says:

my daughter did the same thing. Cute style on her.