this has been quite a day.
it’s been one of those days where i just can handle everything going on.
i can’t handle the heat (~90 degrees).
i can’t handle the messes in my house – ev.er.y.where. i look.
i can’t handle my 2 year old undoing and dumping everything.
and why does my husband have to be gone tonight?!
since my mind is so full of, well, everything,
i figured sometimes its just better to get it out there (to you poor readers)
and hopefully clear up some space for mothering.
and maybe cleaning.
so here’s what’s cluttering my mind:
– i have about 75 fall posies waiting to be finished, almost done
– i have well over 60 (!) crayon rolls cut and ready to sew (if only i had the time)
– i still have a HUGE amount of tea towels to make for (in)courage
– btw, i’ve been waiting on my replacement order (1st order was partially unusable) of tea towels for over a month and a half! they came yesterday,
so now my house is stuffed with towels, once again
– i have so many ideas for fall and christmas tea towels that its killing me i haven’t been able to start yet
– i can’t make the petal pushers fast enough! the cream ones just sold out today
– i also have a pile of fabric for full aprons piled about 2 ft high, just waiting
– i’m running low on posy hair clips, so i need to get on that, too
– oh, and i am still running my sale. thank you all for supporting me so much! i am getting closer and closer to a new camera every day!
and on the personal side (not that my business isn’t personal):
– i just got this fabric in the mail to make this top! i still need to choose the trim fabric
– i’m only partially done with our halloween costumes. must finish!
– i have my family rules canvas almost done. really, so close!
-and what has been exhausting me the most is this: my son. phew! that boy is buuuusy.
and right now, busy is the nicest word i can come up with. after a long day today, knowing my husband wouldn’t be coming home to help with dinner and bedtime, i opted to eat drive thru (aka: kids are strapped in), and spend time walking (aka: spending too much money) around target. well, in the 5 minutes before we got out of the house i got silas dressed (because my kids are generally mostly unclothed by 3 o’clock). while i was taking care of something else, silas dumped out the huge jar of crayons. and jumped on them. breaking them. then he dumped out the big box of tiny legos. all of them. then he decided he had to go potty because his sisters were. he ran to the bathroom and tore off all his clothes (shirt, shorts, diaper, and shoes) that i had just put on him. he is wearing me out.
another of his antics happened tonight after i had put him to bed. this one made me laugh, because i was so shocked by it. i walked past his room and noticed his light was on. i went in to find his noise machine (how could i ever live w/o this?!) was turned off, and he had climbed up on the changing table. he was laying down. his diaper was off! and he said he had gone peepee and needed to change his diaper. aah! we really need to potty train this boy. but he’s pretty much doing it himself, so maybe i should just stay out of it. but on the other hand, when i find poopy wipes in the wipes container (i’m serious), maybe i should be a little more in control, ya think?
thanks for listening.
i feel better now.
off to watch some shows and make some posies!
(notice i didn’t say “clean my house”?)