master bedroom redo, part 5

for part 1 of this series, click here.
for part 2 of this series, click here.
for part 3 of this series, click here.
for part 4 of this series, click here.

here’s what the room looks like today.
i put the white king size comforter on,
and turned it sideways (thanks to a great suggestion!).
i folded a dark brown coverlet on the end to break up the white.
i don’t prefer it (that’s what i teach my kids to say when they don’t like something),
but it works for now.
i also have a lot of work to do on the pillows, but again, good enough for now.

here’s the lamps joy found for me at marshall’s for $40 each.
kind of pricey, but after looking all over for these lamps and really any lamp in general, $40 is a good price.
lamps are so stinkin’ expensive!
they came with a drum shade, which i wanted, but its black.
it works, but i want to rework it somehow.
not sure yet…

and eventually, we’ll place the order we’ve planned on placing for over 3 years now
and get some window coverings.
we’re getting some woven wood shades.
eventually.
at some point.
did i tell you that my husband OWNS a window coverings company?
i know, it’s bad.

here’s the view on the other side.
yep, its kind of boring.
the memo board behind the chair will probably eventually hang above it,
but not actually sure if the chair will stay there.

and our wedding picture on top of the dresser should probably get hung.
i really want to add a bunch of pics to this wall, but i haven’t given it much thought.
you didn’t think this makeover would be fast, did you?

i’m still happy with these pieces, so they’re staying.
i need to pull some more accessories to add here without looking cluttered.

this little bear is the only thing on top right now.
he was made (not by me) from my late gramps’ shirt.
i love it.

and here’s the garage sale chair all covered in sheets and blankets.
it really looks silly like this, but i can’t handle the salmon/reddish color of the upholstery underneath.
i’m keeping my eye out for fabric to recover/slipcover this with.
any thoughts on that one?

oh, and thanks so much for all your comments on this process!
so many of them have been really helpful!

Comments

I LOVE IT!!!

I'd do the chair in a complimentary print to match gramps' shirt & then give that bear a comfy place to sit. :)

Mom's Place says:

Keep it just like that!!! I LOVE IT!

I love it too! Very warm and cozy. I have those same lamps and bought them at Target. Anyways, looks great. How about a brown and cream zebra print?! just a thought! Have fun

Sophisticated, tranquil… I love it! My creative gears are really spinning on your chair – that would be a fun spot for a print a la your previous coverlet with the brown and white plus one or two other colors in a floral…or one of those french style fabrics that look like wallpaper from the 1700's (It's usually just two shades plus a filigree pattern. )

i really love the chocolate coverlet with the white comforter and funriture plus your wall color. Very inspiring.

And your bear – I'm totally stealing that idea!

Newport Nuptials says:

I love the lamps! I'm also a huge Marshall's fan.

Very Entertaining says:

oh it looks great! I'm glad you went with the kissing pleats :)

Really been enjoying this redo! I love the bear!!! I have one that my aunt had made from my grandparents' wedding clothes. It's nice to have keepsakes like that, huh? : )

bethyoung says:

love, love, LOVE your style. I have the same lamps in my Master :) See?

I really like the design. And your bed is awesome. Where did you get it?

courtney – the bed is from pottery barn. we got it when they accidentally advertised the wrong (way too low!) price in their catalogue.

I think it looks great! As someone who is also v.e.r.y slowly doing a bedroom redo, I appreciate that you are actually posting all along the way. I feel like such a slacker because I can't make decisions, so you've inspired me and encouraged me. Oh, and I'd been looking at the same white comforter and I just might be sold. : ) We also use a king for our queen bed so I'm going to try turning it on it's side. : )

Love it!! :) for the chair – maybe a fabric w/ some pleates kinda like the comforter..or even a houndstooth print in black/white or black/cream

or a damask?

ok, celeste – you may have just solved my chair dilemma! i love the idea of houndstooth – classic and stylish. and maybe some box pleats around the skirt? so fun! thanks for the idea!

bethyoung says:

one thought, have you thought about replacing the small pillow in the middle of your bed with a brown color schemed zebra or animal print? I think that would really pull together the cream, wood, white and brown tones really nicely. I have a million if you'd like me to send you one. A bit of an animal print obsession.

bethyoung says:

Lindsey, um – let me just say that I would feel personally *honored* if you used my houndstooth idea! LOL – I suppose I get shameless pleasure from others using my ideas, is that selfish?

Anyway, love your idea of adding box pleats to the bottom – the best of both worlds!!