3 years ago today…

i was getting over the flu.
i had been really really sick for a few days.
but even after all the vomiting was gone,
i just couldn’t kick the nausea.

i dropped gracie off at preschool and 2 of my close friends asked if i was feeling better.
then they both asked another question.
one i was already considering it in my own mind.
it made me even more nauseous to even think about the possibility.

we were crazy busy.
sean’s business had just started its new phases.
we were living in our new home, still partially under construction.
i had a barely 1 year old & a 3 1/2 year old.
any time i tried to discuss the option of a 3rd child,
he was too overwhelmed to even think about it.
we were too overwhelmed to think about it.

but Someone Else had already thought about it.
this was not our plan.

photo courtesy of david toney

but i wouldn’t change any of it for the world.

Comments

Marci @ All Things Wonderful says:

Sweet post! And he is adorable.

Joyful Weddings and Events says:

yay for si! I still remember how excited we all were when you told us at Christmas :) What a little blessing he is to our family!

all i can do laugh is at that whole memory. only because i had just asked you if you were ready to go round 3 with me and your very affirmative no, made the news that much more shocking. Thank God for His timing and His plans!

Tammy of Yarborough House says:

Isn't it amazing that some of the most treasured things in life aren't planned and are the greatest surprise gifts that could be given.
    He is adorable and what a great surprise you were given.

tammy

Tammy of Yarborough House says:

He is adorable and what a great surprise you were given.

tammy

NO WAY HE'S 3!!!! Wow! Time flies. And he's such a handsome young little guy.

no, he's not 3 yet. i found out 3 years ago that i was pregnant with him.

Jeannett Gibson says:

ha! i remember asking you "so, have you guys talked about a third?" "No, not yet…you guys talked about starting?" "No, not yet…"

HA!

I can relate. Same thing happened to me and I wouldn't change it for the world either!

I had a three year old and a one year old and a friend from church asked me, "So are you ready for another one?" to which I replied, "No way…not for quite awhile!". Two days later, found out we were expecting our third blessing. Couldn't imagine our lives without our youngest guy. God's plans are SO much better than ours. On a side note….I took a picture of my pregnancy test too, with a big ol' bow wrapped around it. I gave it to my hubby as a "gift":)

Our fourth child was the best accident we ever had :) Thank you for sharing with us!
    Danylle @ Nana Moon Shop

yay for "oops's" xoxo

He is precious!

Amen to that!

I have one of those surprises. It's amazing how you couldn't imagine planning them but you can't imagine life without them either. God is good.

meandmyhousehold says:

There's just something about those little ones that God sends us without us even asking for them! He is a handsome little man.

What a sweet post and so very true. You must trust in His plan.

TheOldPostRoad says:

Isn't it great to have boys and girls? We have two girls and then had a boy and WOW would I take a few more like him! Children are such a blessing. (I'm trying to remind myself!)

-Trish

This made me cry. He's so precious : )