deck the halls: check!

want a little tour of my christmas decor?
here ya go!

let’s start with the tree.
yes, it’s fake.
sorry to disappoint, but after a few years of forcing my husband and his allergies to suffer through the christmas season, we (he) decided it wasn’t worth it.
and i must say the only thing i miss is the smell of a real tree.
the convenience and overall cost savings far outweigh missing out on the smell.

the tree is mostly covered in balls, breakable at the top, plastic at the bottom.
i stood by my promise to not buy any christmas decor this season, but i did have some stuff in my cart a few times!
i’m hoping to hit a great after-christmas sale and get more ornaments (balls) to fill up the tree.
i’m kind of into going obnoxious/gaudy for some reason.
also on the tree are picture frames filled with friends and family.
the kids love looking at all the pics.
and my mom gets each of the kids an ornament each year – stars for gracie, snowflakes for lily, and reindeer or silas.
this year i also added some random long strings on pearls.
i’d love to get some more colorful beaded strands another year.

you can see my kids (silas especially) like to redecorate the tree.

now on to the mantle.

i still need to put names on our stockings, but after seeing these i just may be making new ones for next year.

last thanksgiving we made these believe banners, and i also made the fabric trees for a christmas party last year.

i love them all clustered on the mantle, and gracie’s little deer were the perfect addition, don’t you think?

a little birdy bowl filled with bling, which silas inevitably sprinkles throughout the house.

the birdcages are always great for seasonal decorating.
the big one got the same treatment as last year,

and the little one holds a cakeplate full of glittered candlesticks and plastic crystal bling.

the kids have a little white feather tree in the playroom that has some paper chain and all their handmade ornaments.
oh, and of course a my little pony!

ah, the feather wreath again!

this year i added some extra color with ribbon and strung a glittered “believe” ornament at the top.

i added a little glittered “joy” banner to my message board, and am pinning up all my christmas cards there.

i have all my blue mason jars lined up along the windows behind the tree.
they held votives for the boutique.

i have 5 of these tiny wreaths on each window facing the back yard.
i added glittered berries i got a couple years ago on clearance from michaels, some tiny ornaments, and lots of ribbon.

i put red glass beaded garland around the chandelier and hung more ornaments.

can you see my reflection in the ornaments?
yes, i’m wearing a big fuzzy robe.
and it was the middle of the day.
leave me alone, i’m on vacation.
ok, so i’m always in my pajamas, but isn’t that one of the bennies of homeschooling?

Comments

Empty Nest Full Life says:

The tree and all of your decorations are beautiful. Jackie

Michelle@Fromhousetohome says:

Your home looks beautiful! Enjoy all your lovely decorations!
    ~Michelle

Oh, your house is gorgeous and so nicely done! You decorate in such a unique way and it looks fabulous! I have a pink feather wreath too. ;) I posted it a few days ago. Merry Christmas,
    Lisa

Lindsey, I think everything looks absolutely beautiful! Your pictures are just glorious–and your home looks like it's full of fun. Merry Christmas!

Gorg, Gorg, Gorgeous! Thanks for the tour!

Mom's Place says:

Your decorations and tree are amazing! Love them!

You have a beautiful home full of Christmas spirit! Thank you so much for the tour! :)

Very pretty! I'm with you on missing the Christmas tree smell. The only thing that makes that O.K. now are than fantastic Bath and Body works candles…"Evergreen" scent. FAB!!

Your house looks great!!

Do "other" people get out of their pajamas for a day at home? Why?

Bryan and Ashlan says:

How did you make those fabric trees? Do you have a tutorial?? They are too cute!!

Beautiful decoration! We do the same thing with our message board!

Merry Christmas!!!

The Chubby Dove says:

LOVE the fabric covered trees!

Gorgeous! And yes, I think one of the benefits of working at home is that you can be in your jammies whenever the mood strikes!

Pamela Holderman says:

luv it all…thanks for sharing!

Heather :: Angel Face Designs :: says:

So pretty! I love the feather tree!

Envy….your home is lovely! You should be so proud!

Smashing–simply smashing. I love the bird cage and the trees and the light fixture and I'm running out of time. You have just inspired me to do more! YIKES! Thanks for sharing.

The feather wreath is great! I love that…I also love the message board for the christmas cards. So simple I am wondering why I didn't think of it! Merry Christmas from CO!

Marci @ All Things Wonderful says:

It is LOVELY! The mantle is so fun. And the feathers…love those. Merry Christmas!

Love it! I think we share the same love for over the top Christmas….is there any other way??
    -Shaunna

Maggie Whitley {Gussy} says:

loooooove your home. love the bird cages. love the pearl garland on the tree. love the mantle. love the fabric trees.

xo

I LOVE all your beatiful decorations. It makes me want to totally redecorate my ENTIRE house. Love your style ;)

peace.love.applesauce says:

Your home is stunning!

Mom Taxi Julie says:

I love your tree and entertainment center!

i love those little deer on your mantle. are they vintage? where did you get them?

rachel – the deer are new, from a toy store!