i finished! (kind of)

i finally finished silas’ room!
it is filled with lots of thrifted and gifted goodies.

his piggy bank was a gift from my mom for his baby shower
and the blocks are from his aunt nicole.

up until last week his walls were still purple from when the girls were in here.
man, i loved that shade of purple.
but for a boy? not so much.
thanks for helping me paint, mom!

the quilt at the foot of his bed was from his crib (kind of an in-between size)
the chenille coverlet was on our bed when we first got married.
it reverses from white to cream.
i was just a leeeetle afraid of color 10 years ago.

i finished the headboard last week.

i stole this table from my parents’ house when i left for college.
the suitcases were thrifted from various g-sales, fleas, and estate sales.
the teeny vans were from his auntie pretty and aunt turkey.
the big s was found at a local antique sale
and sean and i found the vintage skateboard long before we had kids.
the lamp is newish, from target.

i don’t love how the changing table looks in here,
but we’re close enough to being done with it that i don’t care.
all the reproduction surf prints on the wall were a gift to sean for his office years ago.

the long skateboard on the wall was a broken one of sean’s that we added hooks to and screwed to the wall.
the blue metal suitcase and orange locker cabinet (formerly red) were from local garage sales.

this vintage sesame st. lunch box was my g-sale score last weekend with my m.i.l., s.i.l., and mom.

these cubby shelves were from the office area of an old school.

those double doors open to his closet.

so, i know you’ll ask me the paint color, because yes, it is yummy.
but…
i don’t know what its called.
as is the case for much of our house colors, we left the cans to rust in the rain for too long and can no longer read the labels on them – sorry to disappoint!

what’s left to be done?
i’m not in love with his coverlet, but i have no clue what else i’d do.
his changing table will be out of there sooner than later,
so i need to figure out what i’ll do in that space – maybe a little desk?
and then i’d pretend that he’d sit still long enough to use it?!
and eventually i’d like to get some bamboo valances to cover the blackout shades.

so close to being done that that’s what i’m going to call it – done!

-linds

Comments

i think it's great. i really love the side table set up. does he mess with all that stuff and make a mess though? that's what my little would do.

Super cute, my favorite part are the suitcases! I want to find some.

asnipofgoodness says:

really crazy cute, oops, boys don't like cute, it's crazy cool! Love everything, especially the orange locker with the blue suitcase! Thanks for sharing!

Jeannett Gibson says:

loove it!!!!

3LittleByrds says:

Such a cute room. You did a great job.

I am in LOVE with his room! Seriously, I would totally do this room for my 3 dudes. I like how you used the skateboard. Did you make the quilt at the end of the bed? You are amazing!
    Have a great day!

really cute, so much detail. I'm redoing my daughters room too. I'm starting from scratch and feel a little over whelmed.Did it take a long time to collect everything?
    Have any money saving tips for me?

I love it all! It looks great! And he will like it for a long time to come. It's very big boy-ish.

the thrifty ba says:

so nice to see a boys room…i only have boys. (dont get me wrong-girls stuff is so cute! we just didndt get one.)

Mom's Place says:

It turned out great!!!!!

Soooo Cute, love the skatebord coat hanger and love the big "S".

Very very cute! I am getting ideas for my boys room.

A thought… what about taking the cubbies and turning it on its side and putting it on the wall where the changing table it. That way he can reach what it on the top shelves? also then it wont fall if he climbs to get to the book he wants… Than maybe another old skate board for measuring?

Anyway love the blog and I get great ideas all the time from you! Thanks! Aloha

Love it, Linds! Our house could probably fit in there. Love the skateboard stuff.

This looks incredible!

tiny twig says:

love what you've done here! :) great work. i have two boys, and boys' rooms are notoriously difficult to execute well…don't you think? job well done though, miss!

ordinaryinspirations says:

Lindsey- Girl you are the best! I love your simplicity, yet just enough "wow" factor to keep it cool! A+++ from this teacher. Great job and keep it coming.

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage says:

Oh my gosh! What a gorgeous room. Seriously! I love all the elements: the blue on the walls, the quilt at the bottom of the bed, the fun decorative touches. Great job!

so cute! i love it! love the old skateboard with hooks…looks familiar. :) ha!

Just love his room! I love his crib quilt! The colors are perfect!

Betty Bake says:

that is soo gorgeous – well done !!! I love it!! I'm busy re-doing my little girls room – princess pink and ballet are the theme

Betty Bake :)

bluecorduroy says:

what a lucky boy!

Love it!! and, it will definitely grow with him as he gets older!

and, for the area where you have the changing table now – maybe you could do something like this, I think it is so darn cool!

alittlefrenchloven says:

It came out beautiful (fit for a boy of course). My little boy says, I'm not beautiful I'm handsome… I love it! Great storage ideas! Love the wainscoting, and the wall color too.
    Michelle

Hannah Braboy says:

Very nice! I think it will grow with him very well. I actually really like the blanket at the end of his bed and the paint color. I'm a nut for some good green, blue, and brown, though.

cupcake studio says:

What an awesome room! Lucky young man!

mama's smitten says:

I have been following you for quite some time but not sure that i have ever left a comment. I really enjoy visiting your blog and enjoying your creativity!

i LOVE his room. i used to have that same sesame street lunch box. i think it's gone now. . .
    i love all your touches. the skateboard is precious.

here's one of my little guy's rooms:

i, too, love anything vintage and different!! precious precious!!

This room turned great. What was the color of paint you used in your kids' bathroom?

~Amy Rose says:

Looks great! Love the color….and the fab molding! The side table and accessories are great Lucky boy!

Love it!! What a cute room. I bet he just thinks it's great!

XOOX
    Jen

Kimm at Reinvented says:

Oh my goodness, it's fabulous! I love the wall color, and the accent colors you chose. I love the vintagey look. Wow, Lindsey, you did a great job. I think the desk is a great idea for after the changing table is gone. My kids all use their desks.

Aimee Friedrich says:

Love the colors! it looks really cool. I need to get going on our kids rooms.

Empty Nest Full Life says:

Looks great to me! Did you make the throw at the end of the bed? I need to brighten up my boys room. It is looking like a dark dungeon to me, and desparately needs some sprucing up. Jackie

I think that it looks absolutely perfect! I love all of the colors and textures in the room… You would never know that you were afraid of color once upon a time :)

I'm going to have to dog-ear this one for when I have a little boy! My husband and I surf and skate and this is perfect inspiration for our little dude someday!
    Thanks~

Greta Adams says:

i love the room…i am new to your blog and have spent endless hours looking through your archives… i am in love needless to say…wonderful ideas…

if you don't mind would you share the color of paint that is in his room …beautiful color.

I love the room, especially the large "S" and the vintage skateboard. Such a lucky boy.

LuckyStarErin says:

very cool room. my fave is the orange locker. love that shade of orange.

The whole room is amazing. I love all the little special touches you've added. The colors are perfect for a little boy. I think that headboard is my favorite. Great job!

The Thomas Family says:

The blue on the walls and green on the headboard is amazing! I love those colors and love them together! I love the quilt on his bed. I think the quilt and the pillow tie all the colors together so well. Did you make them? Post a tutorial on it if you did! Please! If you didn't where I can buy it? LOVE IT!

Infarrantly Creative says:

It is a beauty for sure. Fantastic job! I am in love with the colors.

Thanks for posting the wonderful photos. I made my son's window valance out of his broken skateboards. I have pics on my blog – it's different, but very much "him".

This room is so very awesome! Love every little detail of it!

I LOVE this room! Please tell us more about the quilt and pillow. did you make them?

I love the woodwork in your house. Very warm and cozy feel to it. Love the headboard. I'm going to show it to my handyman asap. I have old tin ceiling tiles that would look great in a headboard like that. Thanks for the ideas!

Jill Garcia (Smith) says:

SERIOUS room envy happening right this moment! I might be stealing your ideas in the next year as our sweet one year old transitions into a new room with a big boy bed to make room for little one on the way! I'm favoriting this post right now!

I really like it! I am in the middle of doing my first nursery and my style of decorating is somewhat similar which isn't the "norm" for kids' room stuff so it's really fun for me to see this! Kelly

I just found your site and I love it! I was wondering if you knew where the throw quilt was from? It is so cute@

I'm new to your blog, I saw you on MADE. And I know this is old, so maybe you don't still see these comments, but I just have to say that I love this room, I love the quilt, the wall color, the beadboard, the S, the skateboards, everything! So cute and so boy, and not at all commercial. Love your blog! Thanks for sharing.

I lied. I saw you on Tangled and True, not MADE.