lllllet’s get rrrready to rrrrramblllllle!

i’m kind of ready to ramble.
wanna come along for the ride?
buckle up!

-thanks so much for all the helpful advice the other day regarding finding balance and family schedules. seriously very helpful and i’m already implementing some of your ideas. keep ’em coming!
-these pics you see are shots from our playroom (if i was really fancy i’d call it my studio, but since the kids and all their toys belong there too, its really still a playroom). i’m neck deep in aprons. 25 full aprons, with ruffles and posies… oh my!

-last week i found out my business bank account was “compromised” – meaning someone was charging THOUSANDS of dollars to my account! fun times closing my account, changing cards and checks, paypal links, etc… oh, and this was after our personal cc was compromised just a couple weeks earlier!
-am not nearly as nervous about blissdom as i was. now i am super excited!! less than 2 weeks away, and i still don’t know what i’m going to wear (not important, but really important – you know? i’m totally a girl)

-i’ve taken 2 full trash bags of toys out of the playroom to donate… and the kids didn’t even notice! too much stuff. i’m figuring if they have less things to pull out, they’ll be less to put away. good theory, right?
-yes, we californians are wimps when it comes to weather. BUT… i think its because some of us aren’t prepared for the amount of rainfall we got over the last week. pouring, nearly non-stop. not such a big deal. EXCEPT… we live on a hill. on a downhill. as in we have neighbors behind us that are at the top of the hill. so when it rains water from their property comes pouring down our property and down towards our house. our (new) garage is leaking all over. we just found out that there is tons of water under our house, too. where my wedding dress is (was) stored. and it was wet. but thankfully, i was able to wash out most of it. it is kind of fun to see my dress again, just not under these circumstances.

-so after all this rain, and my kids haven’t been outside to play at all for a week (because i’m not nearly as cool as joy), late last night sean decided he wanted to assemble the trampoline the great grandmothers bought for the kids for christmas. HEAVEN! oh, my how happy they have been to bounce to their heart’s content today. silas said he was going to have “brown stripes like tigger” since he was bouncing. love.
-speaking of the boy, he’s potty training. again. but i think its for reals this time. weeeeeelllll, i guess i can’t really say that since he is wearing a diaper right now and i’m not asking him to go potty. but, when i am on top of it, he’s doing really well. only a couple accidents so far, and that was only because i forgot to remind him to go. he doesn’t seem to have the sensation yet of when he has to go, but he goes every time we ask him to. and because of this, he’s consuming more chocolate chips than any child his age should.

-i need to color my hair. the grays are seeping through. did you hear me?! grays!!! how old am i?! it’s been well over a year since i’ve done any color, so i think its time. i’m a little fearful though, because i don’t like when it goes reddish at all. i just want brown without the gray. so i think i may do it today. but then again, if it looks bad, we have church tomorrow and i can’t exactly throw on a baseball hat to cover my mistake if it’s bad. but then the next day i have to take gracie to school, and then the next day we have gymnastics… its never ending – if it looks bad, someone will see it. get over it, lindsey.
-i am really enjoying some new bloggy/sewing friends. it’s a good feeling to be a part of a community. encouraging, really.

ok, almost time to get the bigun’ from a birthday party (a drop off party! how weird is it that i have a kid that i can drop off?!) thanks for visiting, and have a happy weekend!

-linds

Comments

The Cottage Mama says:

Can I just say, I love your blog – you are so real! I've been following you for a few months now (just got into blogging back in October) – I totally agree – it's very fun being part of the blogging community – so much support and inspiration!

Thanks for all your posts!

Lindsay (yes, I am a Lindsa(e)y too!)

Love the pictures, love the post! Sorry about the rain, tho. Leaky anythings & rain do not mix well!

cottagewish says:

I hear ya about the greys. I'm 34 and they just all of a sudden started popping out. I just had mine colored at the salon cause I was too scared to do it myself…and guess what—too much red! UHG. I had to go back to get it toned down. What is it with that red that creeps in. Is brown so hard to accomplish?

Mandi @ It's come to this says:

Oh my goodness, so sorry about the bank account ordeal … horrible!!! Hope you're on the road to quick recovery there. And YAY to Blissdom being just 2 wks out … I'm getting super excited too. Meet you there:)

OH – and those fabrics – beautiful!!!

Anonymous says:

totally random, but i must know where the black houndstoothfabric comes from. i've seen it several places and I.MUST.HAVE.IT!
    oh, i live in nashville….hope you enjoy our city while you are here for blissdom.

Yes, if you have darker hair, when it lightens any the shades it has to go through are red in tone……anyways, if you're trying to do at home color and it tends to come out a red tone which you don't like, then buy a box that says "ash" on it. The green will counteract the red tones and neutralize them. Hope that helps. Yes, I do hair for a living, just so you don't think I just sound really silly, lol…..

oh no! Your poor wedding dress. Your poor computers and bank accounts too. Yuck-o. Bummer.

Pretty fabrics, though.

I'm still thinking of your Bible covers. How's that tutorial coming along? ;)

ordinaryinspirations says:

I am one of your faithful followers, and I am still so in awe of your fresh, raw and very engaging posts. You are sooooo fun! WIsh I could go to Blissdom just to here you! Thanks for always keeping it real!

Hugs,
    Thea

The rain was amazing, wasn't it? Our streets flooded about 3 times. I liked to be inside not outside. Gray hairs… I used to only color for fun. Highlights, something to add a little vavoom. Now, every other month. Straight color. Hide my grays type of color. I am only 36. They started visiting me randomly. Now, they love me. I don't love them……

Anonymous says:

I just love your blog. My new favorite. I have went back and read it all.LOVE all your wonderful ideas/partys/crafts. Inspires me!!! Live in Chicago and 2 years ago we were visiting a family frind in your sweet/fun town. LOVE it there…it is so much more easy-going and free spirited there! Anyway…keep on blogging. Thank you for giving me inspiration in the middle of a cold yucky Chicago winter!!
    Becki

Maggie Whitley {Gussy} says:

girlfriend, i hope by now you have colored your hair! who cares if it goes wonky, just send hubbs to the store to get another box.

i color my hair.
    did you know that?
    because i like a little more red than I was born with.

LOL, i have to share this: over the summer i was doing an at-home highlight kit. i had already pulled my hair through the cap when i realized i didn't have all the little bottles and plastic pouches of chemical. ummm, problem.

AND, zack was at work.

so what did Gussy do? i pulled on a winter hat that had ear flaps and all (it was pink!) and went to the store. in the summer. in July. with a winter hat.

hahahaha.

see? i'm sure you won't run into a problem like that. now, go color your hair ;)

kaylin rose and mara anne says:

i was thinking of you and all of that rain…wondering if your house/family was okay…glad to hear pretty much everything is…sorry about all of the water under your house and the back account thing…that is no fun.

love the pictures and the post.

Andrea Megan says:

I adore adore jars of anything – especially buttons.

Love reading your blog. Gray hair…have had some creeping in for a couple years…I'm 27. And no $$ to get it colored. :( Love your blog though. and the posies. and pretty much all you do.

Chasey and Cash says:

I'm a fellow Californian too and the rain was CRAZY! I actually kind of miss it…that's because I DO NOT live on a hill! I felt so bad for all the people dealing with the mud rushing into their yards!

the bank account thing? We just had the exact same thing happen…the week before Christmas!! They charged THOUSANDS of dollars (that were not in there mind you…the bank for some reason kept letting the charges go thru)….turns out it was an inside job. All the charges were to Gap, Banana Republic, Childrens Place…and someone at the bank was forcing them thru. A team effort…the bank never told us who it was…but they knew it was someone that worked there! UGH! It's fixed now and we go the money that was in there back.

Brenda BE says:

Metallic highlights, not "grey" hair. Just change your mindset and you'll think of those highlights differently.

I have been wondering when is the drop off age for a child for a bday party. That will seem very weird when I'm at that point.

I was also wondering, for those of us who do vacation some on the central coast, if you, being a local, had a weekend in SLO what would you do?