in a purple room, i might add.
so i finally got around to fixing that.
it all started with getting a box spring to go on the cheap-o metal bedframe that we picked up at a g-sale for $5.
then we had a headboard tucked away in the garage that we had used when we first got married.
another garage sale find for around $15,
the colors were great for our old bedding, but not so much for silas’.
so an update was needed.
i wanted the color of the bed to “go” but not “match”.
i wanted similar colors but not exact.
i painted the trim of the bed with “retro avocado” by behr from home depot.
and i had some large scraps of cork that i used in the inserts.
i measured the size of the openings and used a straightedge and an exacto knife to cut to size.
now i didn’t have enough cork to cover the entire area, but knew it was ok since the bed would be covering part of it anyway.
i just hot glued it down and was good to go!