blissdom blues

after an extremely long day of traveling yesterday (think 4 flights, 1 that turned back mid flight – ugh), i am having a hard time adjusting to “real life” today. in fact, i had a full melt down while picking my daughter up from school. we’re talking tears and all. i’m tired. i’m overwhelmed. i miss my new friends i made. i’m coming off the blissdom high.

blissdom was exactly what i hoped it would be. i learned so much (think 20+ pages of notes) and made some great connections. i met bloggers i have always wanted to meet. i stepped waay out of my comfort zone and that allowed me to connect with so many women i’d normally shy away from. we stayed at a beautiful hotel (disneyland-esque) and were very well taken care of. and i developed a southern twang.

here’s some recap (starting at top left, going clockwise)
1. annie (annie blogs) and my roomie, edie (life in grace)- 2 people that made me very happy!
2. dedra (just a chick) rockin’ her pleated poppy collection!
3. maggie (gussy) and the nester
4. me and gus gus
5. me and hilary (the other mama) – this girl makes me laugh!
6. dawn at my home sweet home – check out her pictures of the weekend – amazing!
7. emily (chatting at the sky) and my wonderful roomie kristi (pink and polka dot)
8. me and the nester (so thrilled to get to spend some time together!!!)
9. me and my roomies waiting in line to see harry connick jr.

and a little more:
1. me and jessica (the mom creative) – love her! can’t get enough of her!
2. when harry met blissdom
3. my tea towel at the (in)courage party – holley and stephanie threw a fabulous party!
4. darcy (life with my 3 boybarians) with a posy tucked in her updo – love it!
5. a little martini glass of tiramisu (the food was incredible all weekend!)
6. cute little blissdom babe sporting a posy headband
7. kris and kim (you can make this, and the diy dish) and lisa (lisa leonard designs) on a panel about social media and your business (best seminar of the conference!
8. my (in)courage posies at the party (tons of door prizes for the guests!)
9. my fun lunch crew!

i, without a doubt, hope to go back next year, if only to spend a weekend developing those new friendships.

Comments

Melissa Stover says:

it was so much fun. i'm having a hard time adjusting to real life and laundry myself.

Maggie Whitley {Gussy} says:

ahhhhh! i want to hug you right now!!! xoxoxo Lindsey :)

AnnieBlogs says:

I miss your face. Hurry back. It snowed when y'all left. I think the Nashville sky is crying.

Much love. For realz.

Adventure Mom Janna says:

Oh, I hope the cry helped purge some of your blues.

You really have a gift for making beautiful things!

20 pgs? oy I must have been slacking:)

Sounds like a pretty awesome weekend! I loved hearing you say that you stepped outside your comfort zone bc as amazing as the conference sounds, that part of it sounds overwhelming to me. Good on you! Sounds like it was so worth it.

Emily@Little Forever Family says:

I am really quite envious! I would love to go and maybe someday will be able to !!!

I'm glad you had fun. Welcome home.

Lindsey! You are so awesome and it was an absolute JOY to meet you and hang out a bit! I can't believe your flight had to turn around mid-flight. How awful! Thank you for your genuine kindness and your contagious smile. It was fun to visit, hear more about the pleated poppy, your family, children, and more. Let's definitely keep in touch. And thank you for that amazing fabric poppy. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT and it now has become a permanent fixture on my handbag. I'm spreading the word about you girl! :)

Yes dearie, the re-integration has been a bit difficult. Maybe I shoulda just had a good cry, that usually helps. I miss you and am so thankful for your friendship. Spending the weekend with you and Kristi was such a highlight for me. You are an amazing, gifted, funny and beautiful person. I am lucky!!
    lots of love,
    edie

Did they record the panel on social media. Many of us could not attend but would love if they would share the information.

Jacky {The Sweetest Petunia} says:

Aw Lyndsey…I totally know what you mean about coming off the Blissdom high. Not that I've been to Blissdom, but it's kinda the same as coming home from other conferences, I think. I wish I could have been there! I'd love to meet you, Gussy, Nester, etc… :)

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY says:

Looks like you had a great time!

I think I missed something wonderful by not being at Blissdom!!!

I am new to your blog and love it!!!

Mandi @ It'scome2this says:

Great recap!!! I still can't believe I met you & didn't really know I met you:( Ugh!!

Aaaahhh yes, the life that we multi-tasking mothers take!
    We are always being torn between our creativity and/or passions and a simple home life with our kids. I know I have that quite a bit. I am passionate about my work but also wish I just was a mommy… When I just do the mom thing, I miss working in birth… sheesh. I feel guilty complaining because I know I basically "have it all"…

Sounds like you had a great time! You deserved it.

It's all about being human… let's be human together and be there for eachother rather than acting as though it is all perfect and easy! I find people appreciate that so much! That's when life is "real". (And I am not saying this is what you do… I'm just saying that if everyone did this, we would feel better too!)

You have a lot of awesome things happening between home, family & business! And you are awesome! Hugs hugs hugs.

so fun! you met annie, from annieblogs. love her stuff.

and i too would have totally had a meltdown (you know it).

i think that we are designed for community, for intimacy with each other, for celebrating, walking in and out of each other (in and through Christ)… i think heaven will be BLISS. and i think our holy response is to miss that communion.

there is also something SO wonder-full about being in fellowship with people who have the same passion you have. i recall how i felt being at a worship conference for a week at saddleback with over 1000 other worshipers. i didn't have to explain my heart, they got it. it was powerful. and yes, i think the same is true for bloggers, batoligists, runners, writers, and posey pin makers.

does that make sense? (i'd ask you that if we were sitting face to face and you know it)

love you!

sounds like you had a wonderful time! it was fun reading all the tweets of everybody's experience. felt like i was there too! next year for sure! i'm totally there.

I have blissdom blues and did not even go…Just looking at the pics and longing to be surrounded by like-minded ladies was enough to make me :( Check out my post yesterday as I talked myself out of the pit on my blog….A lesser gal may be embarassed to have mood swing live on her blog…but ….it is what it is….
    Thank goodness the Lord met me in the middle of M_E_S_S! I am praying for you sister…I get you more than you know.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect says:

Lindsey, it was SO nice to meet you and hang out with you and get to know you and eat Mexican food with you! :) And thank you for my poppy – I love it!!!

Kimm at Reinvented says:

OH, I know the feeling, I'm having a hard time adjusting too! Can't believe I never got to meet you in person, we'll definitely do that next year!

Jessica Turner says:

I can't get enough of you either. I feel I have found a kindred spirit in you. xo

That dessert looks divine. I'm so jealous of my friends who got to go to Blissdom–for the wonderful times AND for your gorgeous poppies that they brought home!

Glad you had fun! I was loving your Tweets while you were there. :) P.S. You ROCKED your glasses- so glad the contact lens fiasco wasn't awful!

Kristi @ Pink and Polka Dot says:

miss you girl. love that you left with some south in your mouth!

Dawn @ My Home Sweet Home says:

I loved meeting you. My family is a walking Pleated Poppy advertisement now. Today I wore a pin and my two youngest daughters wore the headbands. ;-)

Thank you!

Secret Agent Mama says:

I'm your new stalker. Just saying.

Love your stuff. Really love your stuff.

Hillary @ The Other Mama says:

I loved every single minute of hanging out with you. Especially the ones where we snorted at the Baja Burrito and you barely made it back to the Opryland with my driving.
    I can't believe you didn't put the picture with my whole face up here. Hmph. ;-)

Darcy @ m3b says:

Loved meeting you!

I'm not quite back to reality myself, and here it's Thursday!

Same time, same place, next year?

<3 Darcy