guestblogger nicole: sewing party

*** i’m on a plane to blissdom! here’s nicole with a great little treat for you! enjoy!***
***if you want to see how blissdom is going, i’ll be tweeting all weekend long!***

my girl is like her daddy in many ways. but i know she is mine when she tells me she wants a sewing party for her 6th birthday. i had to hold back with many things to make it truly “6” friendly.

the front of the invitation was stitched on a hoop and scanned. i was just so giddy to have a reason to use anna maria’s horner’s fabric.

i lovey-love-love the stitching around the back.

a simple game…the prize was a fabric bracelet i made

button cookies in jars for each girl…. served with pink cocoa a la whip cream and sprinkles

we stitched on these hoops. i pre-thread the needles for the girls and they stitched the eyes of the birds.

it was a great excuse to use am’s fabric again for this pin cushion.

i set out wooden spools of thread, old yardsticks, sewing boxes, etc.

the cake….the birthday girl came up with this one.

while they ate cake, i whipped up the pillows for them on the machine. they stuffed ’em.

here are the girls with their pillows…

my favorite aspect of the party was the fabric hung up on yarn by clothespins. miss tyler handpicked each fabric and she was the one who pinned them on the yarn before i strung ’em up.

super thrifty party… i sent the girls home with their hoops and extra needles and embroidery floss… and their pillows of course! my only cost was the very inexpensive wooden hoops… everything else was stored right here…
xo,
nicole

Comments

I love love love this, it’s adorable!

Alexandra says:

I’d like some more information as I would love to do this for my daughter as well in March. I think it’s great to bring back some of the skills we used to learn as kids and pass them along to the next generation.

Alexandra

guestblogger nicole: sewing party

i lovey-love-love the stitching around the back.

a simple game…the prize was a fabric bracelet i made

it was a great excuse to use am’s fabric again for this pin cushion.

i set out wooden spools of thread, old yardsticks, sewing boxes, etc.

the cake….the birthday girl came up with this one.

here are the girls with their pillows…

xo,
nicole

Comments

that. is. so. adorable! we miss you guys around here!

seriously…your killing me….so darling.

Happy Hodge Podge says:

do you have a blog?
    i NEED some of those pink buttons!

That is the cutest party EVER! I want that party for my next birthday. :)

sew cute! Does Nicole have her own blog? If so will you share the address?

Mandy - Crafty Angel says:

wow what a party! wish I could have come! how do you do it, your organisation is amazing…tips pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

{{hugs}}mandyxx

Ahhhhhhhh…I LOVE it!! I might just talk my 6 year old in to that for her 7th birthday (in November)…we have a while to get everything!! Such a GREAT idea!!

The Tulip Lady says:

So….I'm thinking I've never seen a birthday party that is equally as much fun for the momma as for the girly….this is just delightful!!! I cannot wait for my girly to be old enough to do this with her. Too much fun!

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY says:

What a cool birthday!

bluecorduroy says:

nicole- i love this party! i may be plagiarizing this idea in a few months- down to the button. :)

we miss you! emily

Nicole – what a cute, fun and unique party…I'm stashing that one away for future use! :) Oh, and HOW did you make the adorable button cookies??

I Love Pretty Little Things says:

That is a DREAM party for a girl of any age! I love it! I want to steal all of your ideas.

Carly Winborne says:

oh my goodness. i'm a pool of drool with a racing heart beat. i am in LOVE with this party idea. i have never seen anything cuter (although a close 2nd is the mud party i have seen on this blog before!). thanks for posting.

Raylene Nicole says:

I absolutely love your pouches… they are so adorable!! you are so talented!!

alittlefrenchloven says:

What an adorable idea! My lil girl is 3 and already wants to sew. I give her a needle and a scrap piece of material, and she will sit there and "sew". Thanks for sharing!
    Michelle

I have a "thing" for birthday parties and this one is fabulous! I have 2 girls one of them is doing this sometime for sure!!!!!

Anonymous says:

Darling … precious … so sweet! Destiny D.

Mama Mote says:

This is just way too cute! I want a party like that for us big girls. Linds, if you have one in SLO, let me know. :)

Iphigenia says:

Wow….what a creative and intersting idea for a birthday party..well done !!! : )

Anonymous says:

i love it!! do you live in the same house you used to!??

The Stitcherbee says:

What a fun idea!!! I love it.

Anonymous says:

What a wonderful idea. The girls look like they had great fun.

Love love love this idea! Perfect for the summer here in AZ! The only cool place is the pool for a party! I'll show my little one this today! She'll love it!!

Unbelievable! So creative and fun! I think Nicole should move back and be my friend too!

what a great idea!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that cake – so super cute!

This is fabulous! Is there any chance you could post a simple outline of how to made the pillows with the girls? I struggle to find simple sewing projects for my daughter, and have a feeling this would inspire her! You also mentioned a fabric bracelet, which sounded great! Are there instructions on how to make this somewhere? Thanks for sharing this wonderful party, full of inspired ideas, with us all.