taking advantage

i so often forget to take advantage of all our community has to offer.
living in a college town, one with a strong agricultural emphasis,
we have a great u-pick literally just around the corner from our house.
we were there during mandarin season.
it was so fun conducting our own taste test form tree to tree!

what’s your favorite freebie you take advantage of in your town or city?

Comments

Mom's Place says:

I wish they had something like that here!

Ohhhhh… I saw your Cal Poly sign and I just smiled. You are so blessed to live in that beautiful town…. so much to offer. I LOVED living there back in 1991-1995. I miss it. In fact, my husband and I are going away by ourselves next month and that was my choice of destination. I can't wait. :)

the thrifty ba says:

we have the worlds BEST herrimans days parade! they throw candy and toys and toothbrushes from the floats. and the parade ends at a carnival (ok this part isnt free) and many of the towns businesses have botths giving away free stuff!
    **of course, how many towns are named herriman and how many of them have parades?**

Mrs. So and So says:

Our local college has some great free lectures in the Spring and they serve awesome food aferwards. Your kids are so cute snacking on those mandarins!

Emily@Little Forever Family says:

I wish that our area had this. We do have a pretty awesome Framer's Market that runs June-the first week of October, and they have wonderful produce and lots of cute hand-made items. My favorite is the super-yummy crepes that have fresh strawberries and fresh whipped cream on top!

There is nothing where I love now but in NZ we had it all free, Mum used to take us berry picking apples, apricots, strawberries,gooseberries tomatoes you name it we picked it!! She had to pay for what we picked but our tummies were always stuffed full…talk about getting our 5 a day in!!

I live in Atascadero and work in SLO – thank you for the reminder of the college. I too forget that there is an abundance of activities surrounding us! Have fun at Blissdom!

Brenna

ordinaryinspirations says:

My freebie is the amazing waterfall in our downtown area. The scenery is amazing and my kids love to go, and it is free!! Love your photos. Also, enjoy Blissdom…I will be praying for you!

kaylin rose and mara anne says:

we live about 5 blocks from a huge park…it has a zoo, beautiful gardens and mini golf…so from april-oct. we head there for a good free day!

thanks for sharing!

Maggie Whitley {Gussy} says:

first off, i LOVE Paul Frank ;)

secondly, Chipotle has offers free burritos on Halloween, so Zack and I were sure to hit up that offer. do you know what Chipotle is?! awesome fast-food (super tasty though!) mexican restaurant. they have cilantro/lime tortilla chips plus super delish grilled chicken/meats for their burritos/tacos, etc.

and now that i've typed all this out you probably DO have a chipotle and ohhh, I am done ;)

XOXOXOX