valentimes

my house is completely UNdecorated for valentine’s day.
not that i normally do much for it, but still – i’m not a total holiday grinch!
but you all know i have lots of excuses for my lack of festive-ness.

gracie has a valentine’s party tomorrow at school.
i’m a total last minute person – did you know that?
it’s pretty bad.
so we have nothing for classroom valentines.
nada.
but we scrounged up some fabric, cut it into squares & plopped some kisses into the center.

then i searched for free printable valentines.
these are from living locurto.
apparently i am the last person on earth who hasn’t been to this site before!
i *heart* it!
we printed them out, cut them up, hole punched them, and tied them to the fabric bags with some pink and red baker’s twine i had on hand.

cute, easy, free, and something finally checked off my list!

Comments

LOVE it.

SoBella Creations says:

Cute!

I have planned to do the same ones!! I might have to add the kisses, too. Great idea!

SO cute! I need to check out that site..I'm getting ready to make oreo cookie pops for my boy's classes..may be regretting it in an hour ;)!
    Glad you had such a great time at Blissdom, that is so great how out of your comfort zone you went, good for you!! :)

it's good to be queen says:

ummm, those are ADORABLE!!! wish I had known about that site!

Those are SO adorable… what a great idea!!

I Love Pretty Little Things says:

Wow! Those don't look like last minute valentines cards! That's amazing…I would have made a last minute run to Target. Those are MUCH nicer.

Nancy @ Live love laugh says:

So cute!!! I miss those days of school parties! My last in in HS-nope-no cute things there! When I was teaching full time, I had so much fun with holidays, too! (sigh)
    ~Nancy

Nancy @ Live love laugh says:

~Nancy

Beth@The Stories of A to Z says:

Adorable. I'm making helping my little man make his tonight. However we're having an avalanche of snow right now and his party is supposed to be tomorrow. Hmmmm.

Amy @ Living Locurto says:

Oh my gosh! How cute:-) I need to make my Valentines for the kids ASAP. Love your idea with the owl ones.

Were you the one at Blissdom handing out those adorable flower pins? If I'm writing to the wrong person please correct me. I was looking for you if so… I loved them.

These are so fab! And you're NOT the last one to go to that site…I AM!!! AND I'M GOING RIGHT NOW!

I HEART YOUR VALENTINES!!!
    My kids are not even old enough to go to school yet and I so want to make those! Adorable!
    And you are not the last person to hear about the free printout site…apparently I am.
    Off to check it out!

i love it! great job! i think i will copy! thanks for sharing!

You are so totally creative. I'm jealous. Tell Gracie to have fun tomorrow.
    auntie t-

Amazed once again-

Adorable! I am sure they will be a hit!

ordinaryinspirations says:

very cute! Love the simplicity of it!

overachiever.

Mom's Place says:

Oh! Those are too cute! Never heard of that site before now! I made 27 valentines last night, and have 2 more classes left. Not to mention my girls want to take valentines to church on Sunday!

twolittletots says:

really cute and i have never been to that site…have to check it out…and i have not made cards for the girls yet…getting them printed tomorrow!

I think it's seriously awesome that you can do THIS as a last minute, spur of the moment thing. So adorable! And those tags? Cuuute! Good job! : )

What a great idea! Just wish I'd have seen it before I bought those pre-made valentines at the store! (lazy mom)
    BTW – where did you get your blog design? I love it!

Super cute!! :)

Thanks for the awesome idea!! I'd never heard of that site before!! We will be working on valentines today. We are experiencing yet another snowstorm so the valentines have to be hand-made this year!

For a last min project I would have to say it turned out wonderful!!! Your so good! I feel bad that i just bought my kids a box of cards to take to their friends!

To The Moon and Back says:

that is too cute! You have great ideas. I'll have to file this one for next year:)

My daughter calls it Valentimes, too. I love your idea…sweet.
    ~Heather R.

oh my goodness how adorable! you are too cute! i want to make me for MY friends!!! ~xoxo terri

your last minuet plans look like my well thought out plans. nice valentines.

now come by and see my CrAzY 8 post!

Maggie Whitley {Gussy} says:

darling, just like YOU :)
    xo.

For what you say is last minute a wonderful looking gift!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea says:

Love this – completely coping you!

So stinking cute….I wish I could be just a tiny bit as creative as you! If you call that procrastination then it definitely works for you because my girls and their friends (those that receive it) would LOVE those…..probably because they are on an owl kick right now. In fact, my daughter has to make an owl for a school project….got any ideas?

Thanks – Stacey (the cheney's pen pal family from Ohio)

lovin' the owls! my daughter is going to be thrilled!

Hillary @ The Other Mama says:

I just TODAY was looking at Amy's site and was amazed.
    I heart you and I love that you say Valentimes, too.

Good for you….that's more than I did.

I love the fabric idea to wrap the treats in!

So cute! I love last minute brilliant ideas! :)

Yes it was Valentine overload at our house Friday am. Whew–! Those Owl printables are TOO cute!

So cute! I am so glad I've found your blog. Have a great week!

I was more than happy to discover this website. I
    want to to thank you for your time for this particularly
    wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and i also have you book-marked to
    see new stuff on your blog.