what NOT to do…

a day and a half before you cross the country to meet 500 new friends:
have elective minor eye surgery.

what was i thinking?!?
obviously, i wasn’t thinking.
i had these 2 little bumps on my eyelids, posing no risks,
just annoying to look at, that i decided i wanted to get them removed.
i had the appt scheduled for last friday,
but had to reschedule for childcare reasons.
i didn’t even think about what i would look like afterward.
i was told it was a simple procedure that would take about 15 minutes.
easy, right?
well, the local anesthetic just was NOT working.
i stopped counting after 7 shots.
to my eye!
they didn’t work.
it hurt.
and now, i am hurt, bruised and swollen.
and i’m really bummed.

because i was so thoughtless about 2 tiny little bumps, i know have a huge black eye.
and i can’t wear my contacts for 10 days.
i really wasn’t planning on wearing my glasses to blissdom.
but i also wasn’t planning on a black eye at blissdom either.
so now, standing in the dark little corner is sounding so very much more appealing to me.
lesson learned: trying to fix problem for vanity’s sake may (will) cause an even bigger problem.
uggggggh!

and since i don’t want to sew on one of my fingers,
the covered notebooks will have to wait.
next week, my friends…

-linds

Comments

oh, lindsey–i'm so sorry. can you ice it tonight to help with swelling? do you have some good cover up? and i love your glasses.

Avary Mae says:

Head straight to the nearest makeup counter, stop by MAC and get some of thier INCREDIBLE concealer. It'll work wonders! Good Luck!

eep!! Not the picture – I'm thinking about the needle(S!) to the eye. yikes!!

have fun at blissdom!! Be Blessed and Blissful, even with a black eye! : )

Jen Hooge says:

Ok, so here's the bright side…you'll have a funny story to tell everyone about your bad eye. Go there with a confident attitude with humorous quips and you'll be fine.

kaylin rose and mara anne says:

bummer…hope it gets better fast.

Oh no! Poor Sweetie. I like Jen's thought – you will certainly have a lot of conversation-starting material.

Have Fun!

Lisa Leonard says:

you poor thing! we'll have a blast anyway–you are still darling!

oh lindsey, poor thing. not to worry though, we'll make it look just fine, and I'm sure your glasses are so cute. You will NOT stand in a dark corner if I can help it. It'll be ok, MAC concealer to the rescue. I need your cell phone too so email me when you get a chance. I will see you very soon!
    hugs,
    edie

Glasses can be such a cute accessory:) I know what ya mean though. i had lasik done right before my big 30th bday and ended up with popped blood vessels in my left eye. it was pretty brutal looking.

Aimee Friedrich says:

doesn't sound fun! but you're still the same talanted person with an amazing blog! :)

Oh Lindsey! Like Jen said "you'll have a funny story to tell." Nothing like having a conversation starter!
    I'll pray for some quick healing for you!!

Jeannett Gibson says:

girl.

I do feel bad for you…but…really…nerd. and you know I say that with love.

Have fun, will miss you on Sunday!

Can I just say one thing? Your eyebrows are fabulous! Have a great time a Blissdom Lindsey!

Maggie Whitley {Gussy} says:

don't worry Linds! we all still heart you :)

Laurie Gale Designs Jewelry says:

you know what? wear some really cute earrings and no one will even notice… or a cute pin ::wink wink:: a pin with a flower ::more winking:: and you'll be cute as a button, or in this case, a flower…no, a Poppy. You'll be cute as a Poppy. And no one will care about your eye anyway. I sure wouldn't. :)

Wow, I know that feeling. I flew into the Bay Area to get Lasik done. In that moment that they have cut your eye ball open and your vision goes blurry, you think What the HECK was I thinking?!?

Phil and Bri says:

Ohhh so sorry!! I have tiny bumps on my eye-lids too…now I am totally scared of getting them removed!

I'm with everyone else. Ice it and cover it up with concealer. Poor you! I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully it will go down before Blissdom. You will still look beautiful, I'm sure! :)

pray it'll clear up before you go.

i do LOVE you in your glasses. they are super cute, and make you look smart.

your already so dang pretty that it was really thoughtful of you to make yourself look a bit more average like everyone else.

I PRAY it will clear up (just in case you didn't get that that was what i was saying).

oh lindsey..i am so sorry. please call me whenever you need help with the kids..i would LOVE to hang out with them.

oh lindsey..i am so sorry. please call me next time, i wold LOVE to hang out with the kids.

Andrea Megan says:

I want to see a before photo!

Mandi @ It's come to this says:

Oh please don't stay in the corner!! We want to meet you:)

Oh no! Sorry you are not feeling the greatest….but Jenn Hooge is right…you now have a funny story to tell. You are going to have an awesome time and you look cute in the glasses

you make me laugh so hard! love you! you will be fine! i can't imagine you ever not looking gorgeous!

baby crib says:

It looks painful! You could out some ice on your eyes to help it soothe you. Hope everything will be okay.

Go to Sephora and buy some Benefit brand "erase paste"
    Its amazing and worth every penny. Using the applicator, you won't use much at a time so it will last for.ev.er.